Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

IMO, this is something you can't coach. Either a player has it or he doesn't.
You can make a good player better, but if a player doesn't instictively look around all the time and know, they will never do it.

If you watch the JImmy Greaves documentary, some one says when they played with him, they were taken aback at how much he looked around him. If you know exactly what is going on around you, you're already 1 step ahead. You can anticipate tackles, you can make passes, you can take a shot without having to think. IMO, it's stuff kids should have drilled into them as the top priority, rather than doing 100 keepy ups and a dab to celebrate.

No point trying to explain that to some om here mate.

As you correctly articulate, you have the instinctive quality to get your head up and more often than not, to make the right pass or you don't.

I think you are possibly right that in formative years it would seem better to try and instill it but I suspect like most things, it's either in your DNA or it's not.

I have never seen a player who passes poorly turn into a spreader of the ball or a whole load of examples.

As a club you got to know what you are buying and then hope you can add consistency and optimum levels.

#thfc Erik Lamela is in talks with Napoli. The player has already begun negotiations with Aurelio De Laurentiis. Lamela ‘has made it known he is willing to reduce his rich wages currently guaranteed at Spurs’, settling for an annual figure of around €2m-2.5m/year.
@CorSport

LOL. He has reduced his wages demand to £2m per year.

I love Erik, but we only saw his best sporadically, due to his injuries. His commitment and desire to win was there for everyone to see. I'll be sorry to see him go, but it's time for him to move on.

The guy tries hard so it’s hard to fault him, but He should have been moved on 4+ years ago. His fucking rabona was embarrassing and showed how inept his right foot is and how much it hurts his game.

Back
Top Bottom