Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Random as fuck, but does anyone have a link to the EL rabona with the BT Sport (I think) commentary. Goes something like ‘I have seen it all, I’ve seen it all’

Don't see how he fits into a 3-5-2. World's craziest wingback or maybe a CM3?

Then again, didn't see how he fit into our 4-2-3-1 and he lasted 7 years.
Impact sub or AM, maybe? Poch played him centrally at the start of one-of-the-seasons-that-have-blurred-into-meaningless-memories-before-Coco-was-injured and he did okay IIRC. (Obvs, was then injured).

However, If we can offload him, we should, assuming a comparable, less injury-prone player becomes available.

I don't see it happening, but I genuinely would love to see Lamela come play in MLS. I think he has the weirdest blend of skills that would make him an absolute star in the league. He'd be a to notch shithouser and would have a little more latitude to demonstrate his technical ability.

Unfortunately, it would also be same if he went back home to play in Argentina which is why it won't happen.

If it's true he is off to Sevilla, I'm going to miss him, £30 mil for 8 years of cuntery is well worth it, stamp on Fabgregas, calling Wilshere a pussy, Martial red card

In general but seeing him come on knowing he is about to ruin the opposition's game plan was a sight to behold

Right time to move on, long live Lord Lamela

No doubt we will face him and he will get Reguilon sent off

I'm going to miss him. We got him to replace Bale, which he never did, bur he proved to be worth every penny in other aspects. Shame that his injury record was dreadful. Will never forget his cheeky smile on Wilshere, or the Martial red card, or the fact that he got a blue Santa for his kid because he hated red. If only other players would love our club as much as Coco did, we'd be miles better than what we are...

Good luck to him, starred in a good number of games against top side but his injuries ruined so much. Great attitude and perhaps in a slower league he can have a longer less injury prone time.

Typically bizarre love-in.

Best game I saw Lamela play for us in 8 years was in a last 16,/quarter-final match against Swansea. 8 years and against Swansea.

Sorry but absolutely typical of so many of our players. Not got near to the level we hoped.

If he leaves and he hasn't gone yet so let's face it, this is far from.certain, then I will remember his commitment more than anything else.

Typically bizarre love-in.

Yet.... (See below)

Best game I saw Lamela play for us in 8 years was in a last 16,/quarter-final match against Swansea. 8 years and against Swansea.

Sorry but absolutely typical of so many of our players. Not got near to the level we hoped.

If he leaves and he hasn't gone yet so let's face it, this is far from.certain, then I will remember his commitment more than anything else.

This is what peeps love about him..... So no; not so bizarre afterall if you actually read the comments.

Most fans will always have more love and respect for players willing to die for the shirt than more talented but less enthusiastic players. Lamela was ready to go to war for Tottenham whenever he stepped on the pitch and that's not something you can say about too many of our players.

Good luck to him. Frustrating player with his tendency to pick the wrong option and injuries have blighted his potential with us. But no doubting his commitment and work rate, wish a few more players had his attitude.

Back
Top Bottom