Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bye Erik.

With your wild eyes, rumours of a cocaine induced ban (not hip injury), stamping on Cesc, mouthing off to Wheelchair, scoring 2 Rabonas and generally being a wasp and giving it your all. Ill miss ya.

Massive shame that his Spurs career was constantly plighted by injury.

Bye Erik.

With your wild eyes, rumours of a cocaine induced ban (not hip injury), stamping on Cesc, mouthing off to Wheelchair, scoring 2 Rabonas and generally being a wasp and giving it your all. Ill miss ya.

Massive shame that his Spurs career was constantly plighted by injury.

.....You forgot the conspiracy about him being a lesbian.

Will miss this bloke more than many who have left before him. Beautiful shithouser who gave 110% every time he stepped on the pitch. His intensity was infectious and he even had many games in our Poch press times where you could see the whole team react to his enthusiasm and grit when he was brought on.

Shame he couldn't hit the heights that he may have been able to without his injury record, but will always be one of my favourite Spurs players. A tricky attacking player who tackles like I do on a Sunday league game is a combination rarely seen and I loved every minute of it.

Unlike some i can't really celebrate the Lamela shithousery. To me if he was doing it for another team he'd be a cunt so it's a bit hypocritical to applaud one of our own for behaving in ways we despise from others.

But he has always tried when on the pitch. His energy and pressing were great and you can't fault his effort and team-ethic. Even if he had 10 minutes on the pitch he'd give it a real go.

Good luck to him in Spain.

Unlike some i can't really celebrate the Lamela shithousery. To me if he was doing it for another team he'd be a cunt so it's a bit hypocritical to applaud one of our own for behaving in ways we despise from others.

But he has always tried when on the pitch. His energy and pressing were great and you can't fault his effort and team-ethic. Even if he had 10 minutes on the pitch he'd give it a real go.

Good luck to him in Spain.
I've got a United fan employee who hates him for his antics (Penalty in the drubbing at their place which got Martial sent off). It's the age old "yeah but he's our ......." that all football fans use. I don't see anything wrong with it. My piss will be boiling if he pulls it against us playing for Sevilla, but while he was ours I loved it.

Oh I just realised NW1 isn't here for his crowning moment. We'll never see Coco in a Spurs shirt again. He was a visionary. 5 years ahead of his time.

With some measure of respect to those who view Lamela as some kind of cult hero, I just hope this guy Gil, if we sign him is remembered for bringing us success as opposed to being a conmmitted irritant.

Maybe I have got it wrong on wanting that from the players who are supposed to make a real and mraningful difference.

Wouldn't have been my 1st choice for the "start" of a clear-out.
I disagree - he’s been here 8 years and barely fit during 15% of that time. Terrible investment and boggles the mind why his contract was ever extended. He’s EXACTLY the kind of player we need to offload now. Nice guy who always tried so wish him well but nowhere near Top 4 levels and never was

I disagree - he’s been here 8 years and barely fit during 15% of that time. Terrible investment and boggles the mind why his contract was ever extended. He’s EXACTLY the kind of player we need to offload now. Nice guy who always tried so wish him well but nowhere near Top 4 levels and never was

I don't disagree completely - I didn't say he SHOULDN'T leave. I just wouldn't put him first in the queue to leave. Sissoko, Winks, Dier and Dele are all arguably higher up that leavers list to me. If some of those leave during the clearout, then happy days.

Lamela's attitude cannot be questioned, setting aside his injuries, when he comes on the pitch he commits. Not something you can say about all our squad unfortunately....

Not sure about his injury record, but was it really 15% available ? That is shocking.

Has been one of my favourite players for us during his time here.

Can appreciate people’s complaints but as said by a few if everyone on the pitch had his desire and commitment it feels like we could of got over the line with a couple of trophies.

Will miss you Lamela you wild horse

I don't disagree completely - I didn't say he SHOULDN'T leave. I just wouldn't put him first in the queue to leave. Sissoko, Winks, Dier and Dele are all arguably higher up that leavers list to me. If some of those leave during the clearout, then happy days.

Lamela's attitude cannot be questioned, setting aside his injuries, when he comes on the pitch he commits. Not something you can say about all our squad unfortunately....

Not sure about his injury record, but was it really 15% available ? That is shocking.
Agree - those other 4 are far worse but perhaps Lamela's bid came in first

Knowing Levysnake he'll probably slap a 50m tag on Dier and Winks - English internationals init

His injury record isn't good, but it's not that bad.
He's been unavailable for a total of 868 days during his 8 years here so available for 70% and injured for 30%.
For most seasons he's only had one injury which isn't anything to worry about, but the hip injury in the 16/17 season was 13 months out on its own then in the 18/19 season he had 5 injuries each ranging from 14 days to 60+ which obviously adds up.

I'll miss him and his 100% commitment, but it's a good move all round I think.

His injury record isn't good, but it's not that bad.
He's been 201unavailable for a total of 868 days during his 8 years here so available for 70% and injured for 30%.
For most seasons he's only had one injury which isn't anything to worry about, but the hip injury in the 16/17 season was 13 months out on its own then in the 18/19 season he had 5 injuries each ranging from 14 days to 60+ which obviously adds up.

I'll miss him and his 100% commitment, but it's a good move all round I think.
No point in quoting the number of days injured, I'm interested in how many games he played (and goals scored - crucial for an AM - if he ever was an AM! After all these years I've still no idea what his best position was).

From the PL stats, these are the figures:

2013/14 : 9 appearances, 0 goals
2014/15: 33 appearances, 2 goals
2015/16: 34 appearances, 5 goals
2016/17: 9 appearances, 1 goal
2017/18: 25 appearances, 2 goals
2018/19: 19 appearances, 4 goals
2019/20: 25 appearances, 2 goals
2020/21: 23 appearances, 1 goal

Bearing in mind that many (most) of those appearances were as a sub, only a lunatic (or committed fan-boy) would conclude that the £30m of the Bale money (plus a £4m a year, 4 year contract) was money well spelt.

The fact that he roughed up Fabregas and Wilshire does not (in my eyes) confer legendary status on a player that promised much, but delivered little. The two rabonas that he scored only highlighted his chronic one-footedness.

I'm sure he's a nice guy but has delivered very little for THFC. Good luck to him in Spain. I hope Gil delivers much more.

Back
Top Bottom