Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Poch said it was Lamela's Italian experience that got him the nod. I think it was also his distrust of Aurier. He's here and is an option for the rest of the season but I haven't changed my mind that I think he'll move on in the Summer. His contract situation dictates that. Eriksen, Dele and Son are still our main men without question and Lucas is yet to show what he can do. If we sign Malcom, which I desperately hope we do, then Lamela is likely to be the man to make way. Sissoko's already pretty much redundant. People will say we can keep everyone but having too many players not getting games is a recipe for discord, plus we have to balance the books unlike other teams.

I think it was also his distrust of Aurier.
I'm sorry but that doesn't make much sense, Lamela played because Poch doesn't trust Aurier, surely he wouldn't play Aurier if he didn't trust him. You're entitled to your opinion and if you don't rate Lamela and would like him sold then fair enough but you really need to stop clutching at straws to try and prove a point. Anyway, how do you think he played? I thought he had a good game and don't you like the passion he brings when he's wearing our shirt, i know i do.

I'm sorry but that doesn't make much sense, Lamela played because Poch doesn't trust Aurier, surely he wouldn't play Aurier if he didn't trust him. You're entitled to your opinion and if you don't rate Lamela and would like him sold then fair enough but you really need to stop clutching at straws to try and prove a point. Anyway, how do you think he played? I thought he had a good game and don't you like the passion he brings when he's wearing our shirt, i know i do.

I said how he thought he played earlier in the thread. You can't have an infinite amount of players. Some people may want us to cash in on Dele or Son and keep Lamela, that's their opinion, which I don't share. Eriksen, Dele, Son, Lucas, Malcom and Lamela is one too many players in my opinion and people will differ in who would make way.

I said how he thought he played earlier in the thread. You can't have an infinite amount of players. Some people may want us to cash in on Dele or Son and keep Lamela, that's their opinion, which I don't share. Eriksen, Dele, Son, Lucas, Malcom and Lamela is one too many players in my opinion and people will differ in who would make way.
Fair enough, but you seem to go around in circles to try and validate your opinion, that's my opinion but i won't try to validate it. Each to their own.

So 6 players for 3 positions is too many? :deledoubt:

I think Poch said it was Lamela's Italian experience that got him the nod. I think it was also his distrust of Aurier. He's here and is an option for the rest of the season but I haven't changed my mind that I think he'll move on in the Summer. His contract situation dictates that. Eriksen, Dele and Son are still our main men without question and Lucas is yet to show what he can do. If we sign Malcom, which I desperately hope we do, then Lamela is likely to be the man to make way. Sissoko's already pretty much redundant. People will say we can keep everyone but having too many players not getting games is a recipe for discord, plus we have to balance the books unlike other teams.

You have zero crediblity on the subject.... As if a single fuck is given what you think!

So 6 players for 3 positions is too many? :deledoubt:

Yes, if they're all on big money, expecting to play every week and in the prime of their career. Dele and Eriksen play when fit and are nearly always fit, so it's effectively 3 players for one position. Dembele/Winks is the ideal balance you want in a squad. The experienced player and the up and coming one. Similarly with Toby and Verts/ Sanchez and Foyth.

Yes, if they're all on big money, expecting to play every week and in the prime of their career. Dele and Eriksen play when fit and are nearly always fit, so it's effectively 3 players for one position. Dembele/Winks is the ideal balance you want in a squad. The experienced player and the up and coming one. Similarly with Toby and Verts/ Sanchez and Foyth.

6 players for 3 positions gives variety, flexibility, competition and safety against form and injuries. If we want to compete in 4 competitions each year and compete to win we need another attacker such as Malcom IMO. We are close to having the perfect balance in our squad to push the limits.

6 players for 3 positions gives variety, flexibility, competition and safety against form and injuries. If we want to compete in 4 competitions each year and compete to win we need another attacker such as Malcom IMO. We are close to having the perfect balance in our squad to push the limits.

You're judging us against teams like City and United but we simply don't have their resources, plus we've got a stadium to pay for. Three or four years down the line the situation may be different. The priority now is making sure we keep Kane (maybe 200k a week) Eriksen (150k) and Dele (100k). I'd give Son that as well.

You're judging us against teams like City and United but we simply don't have their resources, plus we've got a stadium to pay for. Three or four years down the line the situation may be different. The priority now is making sure we keep Kane (maybe 200k a week) Eriksen (150k) and Dele (100k). I'd give Son that as well.

I agree that the priority should be keeping the nucleus together more so than splashing out on newbies 100%. Truth be told none of us are really sure what the situation is regarding our resources. If it came down to offering Toby, Dele, Christian Harry etc new deals or dipping into the transfer market I'd 100% back what you're saying. I fancy we are in a position to do both to a certain extent but only time will tell i guess pal. We were able to fork our £40m on Davinson after all but you're right, the nucleus of the team means more than anything as we enter an unusually exciting time for the club

Last edited:

NW1Spur NW1Spur hearing this news
87wQl.gif

Don't have a problem with that. He's a useful 70k squad player. As long as it doesn't detract from our ability to pay our top players the 100k+ contracts (200k for Kane) they deserve to stop their heads being turned.
I couldn't give a stuff about the money paid/offered. Just thought that you were so sure he's off this season, you've been stating this as fact for about a year now, no?

I couldn't give a stuff about the money paid/offered. Just thought that you were so sure he's off this season, you've been stating this as fact for about a year now, no?

He states his own opinion as fact. His opinion is worth more than all of ours because he used to be a tricky winger turned striker I'll have you know.

You are including one of your fantasies (we are not signing Malcom) in your arguments. So the 6 player argument is invalid.
5 players for 3 spots is a more than reasonable option. Out of those 5, Lamela and Dele are the two players that can be used with a more defensive mindset. Neither Son or Lamela doesn't seem to mind being rotated in a squad. It was clearly visible last week that Son was borderline exhausted towards the end of the match. We could easily play with 4 of those 5 players if needed.

You are including one of your fantasies (we are not signing Malcom) in your arguments. So the 6 player argument is invalid.
5 players for 3 spots is a more than reasonable option. Out of those 5, Lamela and Dele are the two players that can be used with a more defensive mindset. Neither Son or Lamela doesn't seem to mind being rotated in a squad. It was clearly visible last week that Son was borderline exhausted towards the end of the match. We could easily play with 4 of those 5 players if needed.

I actually agreed with the call to play Lamela Vs Juve, as you say, Son's looked a little leggy last couple of games. Who we do or don't buy depends on the finances available, qualify for CL, sponsorship deal for the new stadium etc. My own personal view is that Lamela is neither one of the core players we want to tie down to long and handsome contracts - Kane, Eriksen etc, nor one of the deadwood players we want shot of, GKD, Janssen, Llorente and increasingly Sissoko being those.

I actually agreed with the call to play Lamela Vs Juve, as you say, Son's looked a little leggy last couple of games. Who we do or don't buy depends on the finances available, qualify for CL, sponsorship deal for the new stadium etc. My own personal view is that Lamela is neither one of the core players we want to tie down to long and handsome contracts - Kane, Eriksen etc, nor one of the deadwood players we want shot of, GKD, Janssen, Llorente and increasingly Sissoko being those.
But you said he’d never play again, then he wouldn’t be in the CL squad, then he wouldn’t start. Now you’re suggesting that he won’t be given a contract. I don’t know how much further you can backtrack.

Lamela is a neeeded player in our squad even if its not in our starting 11 all the time you need very good squad players look at city they have two full squads so its actually the smart thing to extend rather than making it run out then sign him to a new contract its cheaper this way.

But you said he’d never play again, then he wouldn’t be in the CL squad, then he wouldn’t start. Now you’re suggesting that he won’t be given a contract. I don’t know how much further you can backtrack.

When transfers windows are open the subject of players coming and going is up for discussion. I personally would have done whatever needed to be done, including bribery, to get Malcom here and move Lamela on. But the transfer window is not open now. Lamela is here, part of the squad with a role to play to help us get top 4, win the FA Cup and the CL, what role that is remains up for debate like everything else.

Back
Top Bottom