Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When transfers windows are open the subject of players coming and going is up for discussion. I personally would have done whatever needed to be done, including bribery, to get Malcom here and move Lamela on. But the transfer window is not open now. Lamela is here, part of the squad with a role to play to help us get top 4, win the FA Cup and the CL, what role that is remains up for debate like everything else.

Yeah, I know you would have done, but that’s not how you presented your argument. You were speaking for the club, or at least appeared to be. None of the things you said would happen happened, and that is the point.

Yeah, I know you would have done, but that’s not how you presented your argument. You were speaking for the club, or at least appeared to be. None of the things you said would happen happened, and that is the point.

I'm just a guy who lives in a council flat in Camden Town with two cats, I don't speak for anyone except myself and my two cats.

Fair to say he has finally taken back his rightful position as undisputedly first team player.

Can't wait for Toby and Rose to regain their form and get back into the starting XI like Lamela has. We need their qualities especially during this very crucial part of the season.

Watching that really underlines how many sitters we have missed recently.
It depends on what you classify a sitter. There are a couple of 1v1's with the keeper in there but in each case can't really blame our player for doing anything wrong, the keeper great made saves in those cases, didn't go to ground early, got the angle spot on etc...

this guy gets it

It's not enough to "get it". You would "get it" if you played for Spurs but that doesn't mean you should. The last two starts he had in the PL before his injury were away to Bournemouth and West Brom. He was the worst attacking player in each game. I see no improvement. What does he bring ahead of Son? Virtually nothing. He doesn't impact the game. As a back up to Dele or Alli he's fine but playing him wide he's pointless, on either side, especially when we have a player the quality of Son and now Moura.

I hope Poch learnt a lesson today and doesn't repeat this mistake. When we dominate possession against a team that has ten men behind the ball, Lamela offers nothing, never has.

It's not enough to "get it". You would "get it" if you played for Spurs but that doesn't mean you should. The last two starts he had in the PL before his injury were away to Bournemouth and West Brom. He was the worst attacking player in each game. I see no improvement. What does he bring ahead of Son? Virtually nothing. He doesn't impact the game. As a back up to Dele or Alli he's fine but playing him wide he's pointless, on either side, especially when we have a player the quality of Son and now Moura.

I hope Poch learnt a lesson today and doesn't repeat this mistake. When we dominate possession against a team that has ten men behind the ball, Lamela offers nothing, never has.

Give it a rest...

Son offers more imo but I like Lamelas passion.

I do feel for Son a bit, he shouldn’t be dropped for this guy,
But he's not dropped - if you look to Poch's pattern he likes interchangeable players so that they can play to 100% for 90mins over a 7 day period

So like the FBs getting rotated, he will do the same with players like Lamela and Son so that they are fresh when they come on - and that would suggest Son playing v Juve next week instead of Lamela

What does he bring ahead of Son? Virtually nothing. He doesn't impact the game. As a back up to Dele or Alli he's fine but playing him wide he's pointless, on either side, especially when we have a player the quality of Son and now Moura.

Son was in very good form recently. But he has cooled down
After good game against Everton (13.01) he has played 520 minutes and created 2 assists against League Two team. In EPL 320 minutes and no goals, no assists and even though I admit there is more to evaluate attacking player than only goals and assists (he put in a lot of hard work into our tough ManU-Pool-Arse run), I also remember quite a few missed chances from there. So he was not in "undroppable" position.

BTW, against Juventus, may I remind you, we "dominated posession against team that had ten men behind the ball". And Lamela had a good game there.

Back
Top Bottom