Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son was in very good form recently. But he has cooled down
After good game against Everton (13.01) he has played 520 minutes and created 2 assists against League Two team. In EPL 320 minutes and no goals, no assists and even though I admit there is more to evaluate attacking player than only goals and assists (he put in a lot of hard work into our tough ManU-Pool-Arse run), I also remember quite a few missed chances from there. So he was not in "undroppable" position.

BTW, against Juventus, may I remind you, we "dominated posession against team that had ten men behind the ball". And Lamela had a good game there.

Not to mention in Erik's first 320 minutes back in the Premier League he notched 2 assists.

I don't like Lamela at all in games like yesterday , he's good when the teams playing well but always seems a big part of the reason why things aren't flowing when we aren't at it , I still feel he's upgradable and he lacks the physichal gifts to be a top premier league star.

One was a 5 yard pass to Son 40 yards from goal with no opposition player within 30 yards of him

So should we take away all of Eriksens passes where the person who scored the goal put in more work?

Can we guarantee Son would have made the same pass to someone? The assist happened, it helped get us the goal. Does Younes Kabouls cross to Crouch not count because if Lennon was in Crouches position he'd have been too short to reach it?

The pass needs to be made, and the goal needs to be scored. Erik creates on average two clear chances a game. He doesn't average 2 assists a game though. Do we start blaming the rest of the team for not scoring the chances?

I don't like Lamela at all in games like yesterday , he's good when the teams playing well but always seems a big part of the reason why things aren't flowing when we aren't at it , I still feel he's upgradable and he lacks the physichal gifts to be a top premier league star.

Right. So the game where he rolled Eriksen through against City for the match winning goal doesn't exist? We didn't play great as a team that game and without Eriks tackle and pass we likely get 1 point instead of 3. It's not the only example of where he's influenced a game, just the biggest one that springs to my mind.

Right. So the game where he rolled Eriksen through against City for the match winning goal doesn't exist? We didn't play great as a team that game and without Eriks tackle and pass we likely get 1 point instead of 3. It's not the only example of where he's influenced a game, just the biggest one that springs to my mind.

He's been here 5 years and has cost us a fortune , if you want to cherry pick you could make Fernando Torres look excellent at Chelsea.

One was a 5 yard pass to Son 40 yards from goal with no opposition player within 30 yards of him

It's pointless arguing with the Lamela fan boys. With his goal in the FA Cup it's "wow, incredible, what a finish - he's about to explode and start getting 30 goals a season! Give him a 200k contract before Barcelona come sniffing!"

But they don't mention Son set it up on a plate for him. If it was Lamela making the same pass, there'd be no mention of Son's finish as being anything other than straightforward, and it would be "Wow, what a pass from Lamela! Only he could see that pass, such vision! He has to start ahead of Eriksen - he's better than De Brunyne!"

It's been going on for 5 years.

It's pointless arguing with the Lamela fan boys. With his goal in the FA Cup it's "wow, incredible, what a finish - he's about to explode and start getting 30 goals a season! Give him a 200k contract before Barcelona come sniffing!"

But they don't mention Son set it up on a plate for him. If it was Lamela making the same pass, there'd be no mention of Son's finish as being anything other than straightforward, and it would be "Wow, what a pass from Lamela! Only he could see that pass, such vision! He has to start ahead of Eriksen - he's better than De Brunyne!"

Except most of the Lamela "fan boys" never shy away from giving the other players the credit they deserve. They refuse to blindly hate a player just so they can be right, because here's the thing, most Lamela fans are Spurs fans.

Now, you've promised about 100 times to shut the fuck up about Lamela, yet you can't. So what will today's promise be you repetitively boring cunt?

So should we take away all of Eriksens passes where the person who scored the goal put in more work?

Can we guarantee Son would have made the same pass to someone? The assist happened, it helped get us the goal. Does Younes Kabouls cross to Crouch not count because if Lennon was in Crouches position he'd have been too short to reach it?

The pass needs to be made, and the goal needs to be scored. Erik creates on average two clear chances a game. He doesn't average 2 assists a game though. Do we start blaming the rest of the team for not scoring the chances?

I must say i don't go much on that post at all.

Personally i think you've got a point but you're overselling it , He does recieve praise much faster than any other Spurs player and is immune to critism from certain quarters of our support, my opinion is he is a good player that has had some excellent performances but has had a lot more bad ones , his inconsistency is a problem his fitness is a problem , not his fault but a genuine reason to upgrade , his end product isn't good enough for a player of his ability his upper body strength is abysmal , on the positives he's technically good (but not to the level the fanboys go to) he's committed to the cause , he is good in a press , he is ambitious with the pass and finds passes others cant (but that is a lot more hit and miss than the fan boys claim also) he's tenacious. I always feel alot of games don't suit him and he'd thrive in another league.

Personally i think you've got a point but you're overselling it , He does recieve praise much faster than any other Spurs player and is immune to critism from certain quarters of our support, my opinion is he is a good player that has had some excellent performances but has had a lot more bad ones , his inconsistency is a problem his fitness is a problem , not his fault but a genuine reason to upgrade , his end product isn't good enough for a player of his ability his upper body strength is abysmal , on the positives he's technically good (but not to the level the fanboys go to) he's committed to the cause , he is good in a press , he is ambitious with the pass and finds passes others cant (but that is a lot more hit and miss than the fan boys claim also) he's tenacious. I always feel alot of games don't suit him and he'd thrive in another league.

Maybe you should tell your concerns to Poch who is one of his biggest fans. I'm sure you and NW1Spurs have a much better opinion than our own manager.

Except most of the Lamela "fan boys" never shy away from giving the other players the credit they deserve. They refuse to blindly hate a player just so they can be right, because here's the thing, most Lamela fans are Spurs fans.

Now, you've promised about 100 times to shut the fuck up about Lamela, yet you can't. So what will today's promise be you repetitively boring cunt?

I cannot stay quiet when it could cost us points and cause us to miss out on the CL. I called it the moment the team was announced yesterday and the game panned out just as I thought it would and predictably ended up with him being subbed after 60 odd minutes. We might need 80 points to get CL! Son should start ahead of Lamela in every league game until CL is secured. There's no room for error. I think Poch has learnt his lesson and Son will start against Huddersfield, Juve and Bournemouth so the topic fortunately won't need to be discussed.

I cannot stay quiet when it could cost us points and cause us to miss out on the CL. I called it the moment the team was announced yesterday and the game panned out just as I thought it would and predictably ended up with him being subbed after 60 odd minutes. We might need 80 points to get CL! Son should start ahead of Lamela in every league game until CL is secured. There's no room for error. I think Poch has learnt his lesson and Son will start against Huddersfield, Juve and Bournemouth so the topic fortunately won't need to be discussed.

Well, everything you've thought about him so far has been completely and spectacularly fucking wrong, so I look forward to laughing in your face within the next 3 games.

Well, everything you've thought about him so far has been completely and spectacularly fucking wrong, so I look forward to laughing in your face within the next 3 games.
It's astonishing how consistently wrong a person can be yet insisting everyone else is. Completely arrogance.

Not a single thing predicted about Lamela has been correct.

Spurs are unbeaten in games where Lamela has appeared this season.

It's astonishing how consistently wrong a person can be yet insisting everyone else is. Completely arrogance.

Not a single thing predicted about Lamela has been correct.

It really is embarrassing. I wish he'd just come out and admit it. He thinks he's a better player than Lamela. But he was shit.

Back
Top Bottom