Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was in a bad mood today- no doubt kicked off by having his goal stolen by the VAR BS, but damn, looked like he would get sent off. Needs to keep a cooler head about him. Made some needless challenges as well.

I wish he would go outside left a bit more and put in some crosses from the left wing. I know hes not an 'oldschool', touchline winger, but, damn, we need players to at least be willing to go out there sometimes in order to stretch the defense and keep them honest. Other than that though, I thought he did well, as usual...

Awesome to see him play down the centre tonight..... I thoroughly believe should play him there more often... Scares me how little rest Eriksen gets and he can still rotate with the boys on the flanks too.

Just dont play him too close to CE as they've often proven to get in each others' way.

Thought.... Anyone think he'd do a good job played even deeper in creative/box to box role?

Can pick a pass, has fight and energy for days, whilst pace would be even less of an issue (not that he's slow anyway).

Imagine him and CE flanking a disciplined destroyer in a 433 feeding Son, Kane, Deli & Lucas...

MOTM for me last night. He is such a clever player, I love to watch him. He seems stronger since he has come back, more mature in his decisions and more aware of what his teammates are doing - less of a luxury player and more of a workhorse. Shame his goal was taken away from him last night.

Awesome to see him play down the centre tonight..... I thoroughly believe should play him there more often... Scares me how little rest Eriksen gets and he can still rotate with the boys on the flanks too.

Just dont play him too close to CE as they've often proven to get in each others' way.

Thought.... Anyone think he'd do a good job played even deeper in creative/box to box role?

Can pick a pass, has fight and energy for days, whilst pace would be even less of an issue (not that he's slow anyway).

Imagine him and CE flanking a disciplined destroyer in a 433 feeding Son, Kane, Deli & Lucas...

Yeh he is a proper AM like Eriksen, him and Eriksen really should be competition/cover for each other. I don’t like seeing Lamela when he is played a bit wider, feel it’s a bit of a waste.

Issue with playing both Eriksen and Lamela together is they drop deep to pick up the ball and play which means less forward runners which can make it easier for defences that sit deep. Both brilliant players but both fundermentally doing a similar job.

Great player for games against weak opposition but needs to step it up in the PL where he is bang average most of the time , nowhere near as good as Eriksen it's laughable that people suggest he is.

Eriksen's the player he competes with. As a number 10, he's a decent back up to Eriksen but not on his level. It's his problem long term that he'll struggle to get ahead of the Eriksen/Dele combo. I don't think there's any point to a debate of Son Vs Lamela, I just can't see Lamela as a wide forward, which is what Son clearly is and a high level one, as showed last night, goals, getting to by line and getting crosses in leading to goals etc. It's when Lamela plays that position that I want to gouge my eyes out watching him but as a number 10 finding pockets of space he's more than decent and a good option to have, as long as he's happy being a squad player.

Eriksen's the player he competes with. As a number 10, he's a decent back up to Eriksen but not on his level. It's his problem long term that he'll struggle to get ahead of the Eriksen/Dele combo. I don't think there's any point to a debate of Son Vs Lamela, I just can't see Lamela as a wide forward, which is what Son clearly is and a high level one, as showed last night, goals, getting to by line and getting crosses in leading to goals etc. It's when Lamela plays that position that I want to gouge my eyes out watching him but as a number 10 finding pockets of space he's more than decent and a good option to have, as long as he's happy being a squad player.

I thought he wouldn't be starting against Huddersfield, Rochdale or Juventus? Your predictions are getting proven wrong exceptionally fast now.

I thought he wouldn't be starting against Huddersfield, Rochdale or Juventus? Your predictions are getting proven wrong exceptionally fast now.

It was Huddersfield, Juve and Bournemouth actually. Definitely not starting against Huddersfield. The clue if you missed it was Son coming off relatively early.

A shout for MOTM for me yesterday. He always puts in a proper shift, and at times he just oozed class compared to everyone else on the pitch (granted, 11 of those are probably plumbers). Remember the first time I watched him live, was against Espanyol in a pre-season game @ WHL. He is a very exciting player to watch when his brain and legs are in sync.

It was Huddersfield, Juve and Bournemouth actually. Definitely not starting against Huddersfield. The clue if you missed it was Son coming off relatively early.
If he starts against Huddersfield, will you agree to pipe down until the end of the season about him? Maybe even agree not to post in his thread?

If he starts against Huddersfield, will you agree to pipe down until the end of the season about him? Maybe even agree not to post in his thread?

No point me agreeing or not to that because he won't be starting. The starting line was pretty much made clear by who didn't start and who came off. If Lamela had come off early I'd be equally certain he'd be starting on Saturday. Besides, do you really want this thread to become something like a North Korean newspaper with only one perspective allowed and no dissenting voices permitted?

No point me agreeing or not to that because he won't be starting. The starting line was pretty much made clear by who didn't start and who came off. If Lamela had come off early I'd be equally certain he'd be starting on Saturday. Besides, do you really want this thread to become something like a North Korean newspaper with only one perspective allowed and no dissenting voices permitted?
Not at all. But if there’s no chance he plays, then you have nothing to lose by agreeing?
With all due respect, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest that if you are wrong yet again about Lamela, we should be spared any more of your negative agenda for a little while?
But it’s a free country as you rightly say.

If i started a thread 'messi is not any good at football'
I wouldn't consider it Korean style censorship if no one agreed

Sometimes you just gotta hold your hands up and accept you called it wrong

He's playing well and getting picked

Great player for games against weak opposition

Chancers like Juve, you mean?

....but needs to step it up in the PL where he is bang average most of the time. nowhere near as good as Eriksen it's laughable that people suggest he is

Who says that...?

....Got any quotes from any credible posters?

I'm a big Lamela fan but i'd still deem that an entirely refutatable claim and sense this post is somewhat disingenuous.

Not at all. But if there’s no chance he plays, then you have nothing to lose by agreeing?
With all due respect, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest that if you are wrong yet again about Lamela, we should be spared any more of your negative agenda for a little while?
But it’s a free country as you rightly say.

Ok, I'll agree, but if he doesn't start, you have to change your avatar to a picture of a cat - there has to be equal forfeit for you, no?

Nah.... Nothing as stupid as your constant carry-on.

(Ironic as fuck comment from you given your relentless anti-Lamella propaganda! ...Your arrogance & conceit knows no bounds!)

.....Most would be content if you simply stuck your views on Lamella up your arse.

Back
Top Bottom