Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've pretty much stayed out of the Lamela row, but this is my tuppence worth.

When he joined I thought he'd be a fancy dan with bags of skill and zero fight when the going gets tough.
How wrong I was - while he may not score as many goals as I thought he would, this kid puts in an amazing shift in every game, even when he's not playing well - and I can't ask more than that.

He's also got a lovely nasty side to him (if there is such a thing). For so many years, we've been mugged off by all the snides that play for the goons, chavs and mancs. Lamela though dishes out the same treatment to them brilliantly. He's an absolute bastard. A bloody beautiful bastard.

I've pretty much stayed out of the Lamela row, but this is my tuppence worth.

When he joined I thought he'd be a fancy dan with bags of skill and zero fight when the going gets tough.
How wrong I was - while he may not score as many goals as I thought he would, this kid puts in an amazing shift in every game, even when he's not playing well - and I can't ask more than that.

He's also got a lovely nasty side to him (if there is such a thing). For so many years, we've been mugged off by all the snides that play for the goons, chavs and mancs. Lamela though dishes out the same treatment to them brilliantly. He's an absolute bastard. A bloody beautiful bastard.

He trod on Fibreglasses hand and fucked off Wheelchair

Therefore exempt from all criticism!!

Rock on Coco

A well-placed source I know at the club reckons he is one of the hardest trainers at the place and - to use an oft-abused word - passionate. Very.

Reminds me a bit of Chris Waddle who always looked shagged out even when running on to the pitch but was one of the fittest players we had at the time

Apologies if I’ve posted something similar before

They don't want a drug addict round the squad.

Worked well for them in the past though.

Diego-Maradona%27s-Cocaine-Hat-Trick.jpg

Why hasn't Lamela been called up to replace Lanzini who got injured ?

No chance, he wasn't even in the 35 man short list. Can't see him ever playing for Argentina again.

Anyway, something's been bothering me about Lamela. Why do so many US Spurs fans think he's the dog's bollox? Then I realised it's because of this:

A whole generation of US "Soccer" fans were bought up on the notion that an hispanic looking kid doing a load of pointless flicks and tricks using only his left foot represents the ideal of the ultimate football superstar.

Coke has a lot to answer for.

No chance, he wasn't even in the 35 man short list. Can't see him ever playing for Argentina again.

Anyway, something's been bothering me about Lamela. Why do so many US Spurs fans think he's the dog's bollox? Then I realised it's because of this:

A whole generation of US "Soccer" fans were bought up on the notion that an hispanic looking kid doing a load of pointless flicks and tricks using only his left foot represents the ideal of the ultimate football superstar.

Coke has a lot to answer for.

More predictions to add to part 3 from the cat nonce.

More predictions to add to part 3 from the cat nonce.
Can’t wait for this to become *can’t see him ever playing for an Argentina squad managed by Maradona, as a special invitee to the African Cup of Nations wearing black away colours, against an Egypt squad in the second round of the group stages of the tournament held in Morocco as a prepper for the 2026 World Cup, whose biggest prematch storyline was the ongoing 3 way public cuntoff war between Barcelona’s Salah, Mcdonald’s Mido, and that dipper geezer in the Pharoah hat.**

**Prediction only valid if local temperature is between 24-27C at time of kickoff of said match.:pocheyes:

Back
Top Bottom