Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DnuIsQOU0AAmEV6.jpg

Thought he completely changed the game around tbh and look very good. Incredible he didn't start.
He conpeletely changed it against Fulham too, hes pretty much been injured during his entire time with us. Would be great to see him stay fit and show his true ability, it’s undoubted he has the talent.

can anyone think of a more devisive play for spurs in living memory?

There’s been a few that come close. Pav and Soldado spring to mind. Maybe even Jenas.

But yeah, Lamela seems to get a lot of hate for not being Gareth Bale the 2nd. I think a lot of people saw what he was like at Roma and were expecting him to blasting in shots from 25 yards every other game. Instead we got very different player.

The injuries haven’t helped, and some suspicious minds (fat Elvis reference) about his last lengthy layoff, but personally I love his tenacious style. He has something about him, and is becoming increasingly influential.

There’s been a few that come close. Pav and Soldado spring to mind. Maybe even Jenas.

But yeah, Lamela seems to get a lot of hate for not being Gareth Bale the 2nd. I think a lot of people saw what he was like at Roma and were expecting him to blasting in shots from 25 yards every other game. Instead we got very different player.

The injuries haven’t helped, and some suspicious minds (fat Elvis reference) about his last lengthy layoff, but personally I love his tenacious style. He has something about him, and is becoming increasingly influential.

As a Spurs fan - he's just so likeable.

So it always confuses me as to why anyone would hold any dislike for him. Even if you don't rate him, he's the sort of person you want in your squad.

Back
Top Bottom