Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great Lamela moments:
First goal v Sheriff Tiraspol 2013
Robana v Asteras 2014
First prem goal screamer v Burnley 2014
Fourth goal against city when we mashed them 4-1 2015
Third goal against united 2016
Brighton goal yesterday
Crazy to think this is his 6th season with us. Though that's mostly because he has missed two years.

He called Wilshere a pussy, don't forget that one.

Yes, in my great Lamela moments I missed out some of his 'less technical' achievements, such as Wilshire and Fibreglass incidents.
I would urge you also not to forget his incredible theatrics waving around an imaginary red card in order to get Benteke sent off at villa back in 2014. Probably the most important thing he's ever done, as that game saved Pochettino's job.

Ah ffs I like the bloke attitude just so much!

Of course I am not saying it is soley down to him, nor that if he would have played all games we would be unbeaten, but you freakin have to acknowledge that -
- on weekend Brighton had the best spell of the game. Coco came on, dynamics changed and we were on top. He rounded it off with a goal.
- previous game in EPL basically only time we were threatening Pool was since his goal, and we could have won penalty that might have saved us (unearned tbh) point.
- against Inter we had upper hand and were running the game when Coco was on. He got subbed, we got beaten.
- against Fulham he came on at 1:1. Got on the field, we took the lead... and 4 minutes after coming on, put in really good assist that broke Kane's August curse AND sealed the game for us.

And those have been ALL his appearences. So he has influenced EVERY game he has taken part in!!
Gotta respect such thing.

And I got thinking a bit about his role in the team. It very much seems to me that Son and Moura are more direct and offer more end product so to say. But at the same time Lamela (and Alli as well actually) contributes more to ball retention and game management. More pressing, playing bit deeper, stringing together passes and annoying living s*it our of oppo players. I do not think that it is fully coincidence that we failed to create enough / manage games well without both of them (Lamela and Alli meaning)...

Sounds like a decent central midfielder.
I'm not convinced that he is tbh, i love Lamela and the level of skill and goal threat he brings

However i'm still in doubt about his composure at CM and his variety of passing, this year he seems to be paying a lot more attention to his position on the pitch in relation to his teammates. If he keeps that up, he could be a very good fit for CM.

In terms of Lamela moments, that assist vs City at the Etihad must be up there. Hassling Toure until he loses the ball, runs through their heart and then times the most perfect pass through the legs of Otamendi to put Eriksen in on goal and to score the winner.

Guys a big game player, which we love.

Goals against Liverpool, United and City. Assists against Chelsea, Liverpool, United, City, Woolwich. Always raises his game for them, likes hes going to war for Tottenham.

Ha ha

Attacking central midfielder yes, but not as a defensive midfielder or deeper playmaker imo.
Lamela is so much more effective when playing just behind a striker/s, receiving a pass and turning to beat a defender before slipping a through-ball to a forward or taking on a shot himself. Too often he's brought on to shore up the centre midfield and that's really not utilising his talents for the best.

Last edited:
So glad he's finally getting some minutes and most importantly, for me anyway, some love here on the forum.

I really try to positive about everything but one thing that can drag me down is Lamela not being appreciated and the hate he gets from some of our fans.

As Totti Totti showed above the guy is a big game player. He's a born winner and an absolute beast on the pitch. If he's on the field I always know that he's going to run and battle his heart out for the team.

The fact that he has end product, vision and ability beyond what I believe some people can't see and his recent return shows he just needs minutes on the field while fit to prove his doubters wrong.

Even if he's half the player I think he is I've still never been able to understand why someone who obviously tries so hard through such adversity isn't more appreciated.

If we're to win something soon I'd imagine a fit Lamela has a lot to do with it on and off the pitch.

As a side note, I bet that while injured he was still inspirational. Imagine watching your team mates life be so negatively different to yours yet see him be supportive and work his arse off to get back to where he is.

Basically ... I literally love Lamela and, for me, he's always going to be an absolute legend for all he's given us.

Yes, in my great Lamela moments I missed out some of his 'less technical' achievements, such as Wilshire and Fibreglass incidents.
I would urge you also not to forget his incredible theatrics waving around an imaginary red card in order to get Benteke sent off at villa back in 2014. Probably the most important thing he's ever done, as that game saved Pochettino's job.

Great game that was.
Nice to see 11 year old Harry Kane score.

And I don't miss Villa one bit, surprisingly.

Players sold by Roma with president PALLOTTA (United States)

pallotta-cessioni-1062615_tn.png

Back
Top Bottom