Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think regarding Lamelas lack of goals preciously, it was down to how unselfish he usually is. He's usually one of those who would rather pass to someone in an easier position than go for goal himself.

I think now what we are seeing is him being more central and getting those goals instead. Will be interesting to see what happens when Eriksen comes back into the team.

So help me God, if anyone says anything derogatory about Coco in my hearing, I'll punch their lights out!!!
He runs his heart out for us, game after game and if people can't see or appreciate that, then go and support someone else!!
Unfortunately there are some on here who have made it clear that they don't 'like' Lamela, and there are others who having constantly criticised his ability and/or effectiveness which, despite his great form and regular goal scoring, isn't enough to save him from their unjustified prejudices. It is shameful that some 'supporters' would rather he played badly just to reinforce their narrative than see him do well and have to admit to a misjudgment on their part.

Last edited:
Erik Lamela's recent stats : coys

Date
Match Min Played Goals Assists
13.5. Leicester (H) 78 2 goals 1 assist
18.8. Fulham (H) 17 1 assist
15.9. Liverpool (H) 31 1 goal
18.9. Inter Milan (A) 79 1 assist
22.9. Brighton (A) 22 1 goal
26.9. Watford (H) 90 1 goal
3.10. Barcelona (H) 72 1 goal 1 assist

Totals:

Minutes - 389
Goals - 6
Assists - 4
Min p. G - 65
Min p. A - 97
Min p. G/A - 39

r41eBRB.gif

Best thing is that the media are so busy wanking over James Milner being the best midfielder in Europe that we wont have to see any "Lamela to Madrid" stories for at least another 6 weeks.

I think regarding Lamelas lack of goals preciously, it was down to how unselfish he usually is. He's usually one of those who would rather pass to someone in an easier position than go for goal himself.

I think now what we are seeing is him being more central and getting those goals instead. Will be interesting to see what happens when Eriksen comes back into the team.

Hoping Eriksen gets put next to Wanyama and Winks in a 433. That way Wanyama can just sit and do his break up thing.

Unfortunately there are some on here who have made it clear that they don't 'like' Lamela, and there are others who having constantly criticised his ability and/or effectiveness which, despite his great form and regular goal scoring, isn't enough to save him from their ridiculous prejudices. It is shameful that some 'supporters' would rather he played badly just to reinforce their narrative than see him do well and have to admit to a misjudgment on their part.
Must admit he kinda went under the radar a bit like Son or Mason when he was playing did a job but was then forgotten about the next game! Wouldn’t say I didn’t “like” him he was a Tottenham player and I supported him like anyone else who pulls on our shirt and wears it with pride and gives a 100% but since he’s came back I do like his attitude his guile and he’s got bit of a bite as well hopefully it continues and we get the benefit he could be a very important player for us this season and the next few.

Back
Top Bottom