Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cutting stuff.

I take it you've just flounced from another forum after getting found out there too?

Did you say Spurs are absolutely not a top four side there also?

No, I post on there and it will stay my main forum, because headcases like you don't last long, which is the one downsides of this place. A few psychopaths spoil it and generally create a very embarrassing image of Spurs fans. But COYS has some limitations too and this place has some great qualities, apart from the headcases. Anyway there's more good posters on here than headcases so you'll be on ignore forever because, and I told you before, I actually think you're a bit dangerous.

I'd thought I'd rejoin the forum to make a change from COYS where I've been hanging out recently, and I must say I'm surprised to see Lamela's thread so high up. I thought it would have died a death like his Spurs career's doing.

It does seem the Lamela cult is coming to and end the same way the Isis cult is, with just a few rancid radicals hanging on in a little enclave.

Totti, honestly, you're looking like an absolute mug. You've doubled and tripled down on Lamela being (a) an amazing player and (b) better than Son, and you've lost, badly, and your credibility is bankrupt. I picked Son out as elite years ago and I'm glad he's showing that in spades now.

And I've sadly been proved right about Lamela. The guy's turned into Macbeth - "a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage then is heard no more". That's pretty much every Lamela start in recent months.

He's had a few good moments in his six years but overall he's been a poor signing that's taken a lot of money out of the club for what he's given back. He's survived on excuses - perpetually coming back from injury the usual one. He's also benefited from playing with good players. His assists and usually more to do with good finishes and his goals mostly from short range. He's been really shown up when we've had some of our better players missing of late.

He really needs to go in the Summer. He'll just be a road block for Marcus Edwards if he stays, who I've got high hopes for after following his games in Holland.

Disagree about Lamela but welcome back

I'd thought I'd rejoin the forum to make a change from COYS where I've been hanging out recently, and I must say I'm surprised to see Lamela's thread so high up. I thought it would have died a death like his Spurs career's doing.

It does seem the Lamela cult is coming to and end the same way the Isis cult is, with just a few rancid radicals hanging on in a little enclave.

Totti, honestly, you're looking like an absolute mug. You've doubled and tripled down on Lamela being (a) an amazing player and (b) better than Son, and you've lost, badly, and your credibility is bankrupt. I picked Son out as elite years ago and I'm glad he's showing that in spades now.

And I've sadly been proved right about Lamela. The guy's turned into Macbeth - "a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage then is heard no more". That's pretty much every Lamela start in recent months.

He's had a few good moments in his six years but overall he's been a poor signing that's taken a lot of money out of the club for what he's given back. He's survived on excuses - perpetually coming back from injury the usual one. He's also benefited from playing with good players. His assists and usually more to do with good finishes and his goals mostly from short range. He's been really shown up when we've had some of our better players missing of late.

He really needs to go in the Summer. He'll just be a road block for Marcus Edwards if he stays, who I've got high hopes for after following his games in Holland.

Hold up.

You think SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur is a bit dangerous????

Seriously???? Have you read what you have just come to say???

Fuck the fuck off. We get it. You don’t like Lamela.
But Jesus fucking Christ. Play another tune.

You spent all last season saying he would definitely be sold and now reappear to tell us Son is great, thanks for that, and Marcus Edwards looks good in Holland.

Vincent Janssen did wonders while playing in the Dutch league for AZ btw. Means nothing. The defending is awful.

You are an absolute joke man.

Fuck off.

No, I post on there and it will stay my main forum, because headcases like you don't last long, which is the one downsides of this place. A few psychopaths spoil it and generally create a very embarrassing image of Spurs fans. But COYS has some limitations too and this place has some great qualities, apart from the headcases. Anyway there's more good posters on here than headcases so you'll be on ignore forever because, and I told you before, I actually think you're a bit dangerous.
Blah blah blah.

You're just upset you broke down simply by posting your own words to you.

At least the 'noshers are back to a full quota.

NHulM3L.jpg

Hold up.

You think SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur is a bit dangerous????

Seriously???? Have you read what you have just come to say???

Fuck the fuck off. We get it. You don’t like Lamela.
But Jesus fucking Christ. Play another tune.

You spent all last season saying he would definitely be sold and now reappear to tell us Son is great, thanks for that, and Marcus Edwards looks good in Holland.

Vincent Janssen did wonders while playing in the Dutch league for AZ btw. Means nothing. The defending is awful.

You are an absolute joke man.

Fuck off.

Nope, sorry, I back myself as a good judge of player and Marcus Edwards has got serious potential.

He will score 20+ goals in a major European league at some point in his career.

I can spot a good player in a poor team and poor player in a good one. I want him back at Spurs next season so Erik has to go.

THE ENDING OF NW1Spur NW1Spur : Part 4!. The megapost of the West Ham Cat Nonce©

won't ever be given a new contract

Total myth. Only player in the entire squad not on a contract given by Poch.

Poch may just be giving him some minutes ahead of the transfer window to let it be known he's fit and ready to play. I'll be proven wrong if he gets a new contract.

My position has always been that he's never been in Poch's long term plans, has not and will not be offered a new contract and will be sold in the Summer.

I haven't changed my mind that I think he'll move on in the Summer. His contract situation dictates that. E

When he gets a new contract, then I'll admit I was wrong.

Lots of stories a few weeks ago that a raft of players will be offered new contracts at the end of the season but Lamela isn't one of them. When this comes to fruition I promise not to gloat... honestly. And if it comes to pass that Lamela is sold, I will not rub your nose in it... I really... sincerely, cough, cough, mean that... honestly.

What has to happen for you to look inwards and think "you know what, I've been completely wrong here".

1) New contract

And when he signs a new contract, then he'll no longer be the only player at the club that Poch has not given a new contract to, then you'll have something to poke me in the eye with.

With Moura coming this window he's certain to go. Only the most blinkered of fans wouldn't see that.

Erik Lamela stays through a window that NW1 suggested he would leave in and is added to the Champions League squad NW1 said he would not be added to.

Poch claims 'painful' choice to drop Juan Foyth wasn't just his decision

So from reading that it sounds like it was a straight choice between Foyth and Lamela, the Head Scout and Poch wanting Foyth in and Levy and the "administration" (the money men) wanting Lamela in, as it would reduce his transfer value if he were ommitted (case in point being Moura) and the reality is that neither will probably play much so putting Lamela in made better financial sense. It wasn't a football decision because there's too many players ahead of both.

According to NW1, Poch was forced by Levy to add Lamela. And that Lamela wouldn't be playing much.

Lamela then starts at the first opportunity in the CL away to Juve. Did Levy force him to start him too? Levy is interfering with team selection?

The "painful" decision clearly revolved around retaining Foyth in the squad or bringing Lamela into it, who had been ommitted from the Group Stage squad even though he was on course to be fit for the latter games. There was clearly a very high up meeting about it, and Poch found the outcome "painful".

See above. It was so painful he selected him at first opportunity. We go on...

Ok, and maybe when Lamela doesn't start against Liverpool, Woolwich or Juventus.

I'm gonna avoid referencing Lamela from now on because he's not really doing anything worthy of talking about and it's just the same old arguments and Lamela isn't going to play enough to even have a debate about, but that won't stop the same old posters telling us how skillful he is, the most skillful player at the club apparently, how he's Poch's main man and his embodiment on the pitch.

This is just a cacophony of wrong. Starts v. Juventus, NW1 hasn't shutup about him despite his own promises, Lamela has played enough for him to break his own promise and he is the same old poster.

Lamela as an option in important games ahead Eriksen, Dele or Son? Absolutely no chance

NO CHANCE! Lamela starts away v. Juventus and Chelsea. Important games right?

It's not enough to "get it". You would "get it" if you played for Spurs but that doesn't mean you should. The last two starts he had in the PL before his injury were away to Bournemouth and West Brom. He was the worst attacking player in each game. I see no improvement. What does he bring ahead of Son? Virtually nothing. He doesn't impact the game. As a back up to Dele or Alli he's fine but playing him wide he's pointless, on either side, especially when we have a player the quality of Son and now Moura.

I hope Poch learnt a lesson today and doesn't repeat this mistake. When we dominate possession against a team that has ten men behind the ball, Lamela offers nothing, never has.

This is a post that was inspired by Erik Lamela simply tweeting ''It is an honour to play for this great club''.

NW1 used a Spurs player showing admiration for our club to attack him and downtred him. Shameful.

I cannot stay quiet when it could cost us points and cause us to miss out on the CL. I called it the moment the team was announced yesterday and the game panned out just as I thought it would and predictably ended up with him being subbed after 60 odd minutes. We might need 80 points to get CL! Son should start ahead of Lamela in every league game until CL is secured. There's no room for error. I think Poch has learnt his lesson and Son will start against Huddersfield, Juve and Bournemouth so the topic fortunately won't need to be discussed.

Poch has since started Erik Lamela in a League game. 80 points needed to qualify for CL is just a hilarious bit.

Right are wrong are often not black and white but subjective versions of reality.

When asked if he's ever been wrong about Erik Lamela, he came out with this. Smh.

His short passing is good but his long passing isn't.

Here he is criticising Lamela for not having an attribute which is effectively redundant for an AM. There is rarely enough pitch in front of an AM when they receive the ball to make a long pass. A DM or CB maybe.

NW1 is now dreaming up reasons to attack Lamela.

And finally, the icing on the bullshit cake. Seeing as NW1 constantly tells us what a great judge he is...

I was wrong about Lamela. I didn't think he was good enough for Spurs because I don't think he's good enough for a top 4 team. I'm still right about this, but we're not a top 4 club anymore (absolutely no chance this season) so by default he has become good enough for us.

We've got no chance of top 4.

No chance...

Premier League (Sky Sports)

Never change NW1Spur NW1Spur you deluded fuck.

DVsUEeJW0AABP0U.jpg

P.s. Your Mum's a schlag

Never fails to disappoint!

What is it that you disagree with?
YwoLxYF.jpg

Never posts, so you can't put him on IGNORE.

Oh well.

90% of people have Mindblown on ignore. He's like a piece of mold in the corner you just forget's there.

And welcome to the world of being a critic of Erik Lamela. Remember, you are the sane one, the normal one. The world agrees with you. Lamela has always had a cult like following, but they're actually a small but extremely vocal minority who will use any method available to stifle debate - the method on SC is primarily the rating system, here it's abuse and filling threads full of inane spam.

There's some rational posters you can have debate and discussion with such as Boltonspur and others. But there's some utter head cases it's not worth bothering with and they're best put on ignore.

And remember, no matter how much Lamela stinks the place out, you can never "win" the argument any more than you could win an argument with a religious fanatic about the existence of god. It's a belief system, it's become a form of self identification to be one of the chosen few who know the truth that Erik Lamela is one of the greatest players in the history of football.

He's our Jack wheelchair mate, but your post goes to far

Last edited:
90% of people have Mindblown on ignore. He's like a piece of mold in the corner you just forget's there.

And welcome to the world of being a critic of Erik Lamela. Remember, you are the sane one, the normal one. The world agrees with you. Lamela has always had a cult like following, but they're actually a small but extremely vocal minority who will use any method available to stifle debate - the method on SC is primarily the rating system, here it's abuse and filling threads full of inane spam.

There's some rational posters you can have debate and discussion with such as Boltonspur and others. But there's some utter head cases it's not worth bothering with and they're best put on ignore.

And remember, no matter how much Lamela stinks the place out, you can never "win" the argument any more than you could win an argument with a religious fanatic about the existence of god. It's a belief system, it's become a form of self identification to be one of the chosen few who know the truth that Erik Lamela is one of the greatest players in the history of football.

Happy to see you back mate you genuinely are funny and don't get why some of these humourless posters give you such a hard time and get so upset by what you say , it's not like we all have to agree on everything.

Not that I agree with NW1Spur because like I've said I think Lamela is a good squad player and an asset that we can benefit from having around but I've seen this blind following from few that has been defending Lamela at the cost of bringing other players down (namely Son) and now there is Lucas which is just as blinding as some of the hate Lamela has been getting.

Folks, can we all please desist from mindlessly comparing players and slating them off? We, as fans, should back up the club's decision when it comes to players. We can all go on about why the club should invest more money and sign someone but I don't like people coming out and saying who's a better player and what-not with stats personally. We can use those numbers to praise our players but when it comes to their actual contribution, it's very hard to just rely on stats as players contribute in ways that cannot be measured in numbers.

Lucas might not come good, but what does that have anything to do with Lamela's potential as a player? It has been always one player or another getting compared to Lamela in the context of evaluating Lamela as a player and I just don't see the point. I personally feel Son has been a victim of this as well, I am not talking about this forum in general but other places have had people that actively attack him for no reason (even when he was having a good spell) to claim that Lamela's more important.

Even Ryan Mason has been one of them. I believe he's still one of our coaches. I don't think it's very appropriate as someone still working for the club to talk on the radio and praise certain players above others so publicly. He was asked why Lamela was starting over Son in big games - and his answer was that Lamela has great work ethic and is passionate and I appreciate Lamela's passion and his commitment. I love him for it, and his "shithousery" as they say on the pitch is awesome to witness as we lack that kind of character in our squad. But Does Son lack passion? Commitment? Work rate? How about other players?

This is the kind of debate and argument that I don't like to see and Lucas's name has been brought up recently and I am sensing something similar is happening again on this thread.

I say, Lamela deserves a second chance then we should also give Lucas another chance and stop slagging him off so much as he's been with us only 1 and 1/2 seasons. Some would argue that Lucas deserves it more than Lamela as Lamela has been with us for almost 6 years.

If people would still like to debate whether or not Lucas is good enough for us, then they should move it to Lucas's thread.

Had a dream last night lamela scored a screamer into the top corner in the last minute, in the last game of the season, for us to win the league . Pandemonium within the stadium unfolds .
Martin Tyler was talking about Manchester Utd at the time of commentary .
Tears flooded anfield . Klopp had to be given medical assistance in the touch line .

I think Lamela always gives his all when he plays.

He is busy, problematic to opponents but also sometimes to his team mates, through poor or delayed passes.

If you look at Sterling, Sane, Firmino and a few others and even a so far average Mahrez, you have to question does he offer anything like as much?

To me he is a player that we should be able to rely on more.

Like Moura he needs to find a higher level of consistency but unlike Moura he has had 5 or 6 years now and in my opinion not shown the kind of development you would have expected.

I have said it before and say it again, I think Sessegnon would offer a lot more within 18 months.

I think Lamela always gives his all when he plays.

He is busy, problematic to opponents but also sometimes to his team mates, through poor or delayed passes.

If you look at Sterling, Sane, Firmino and a few others and even a so far average Mahrez, you have to question does he offer anything like as much?

To me he is a player that we should be able to rely on more.

Like Moura he needs to find a higher level of consistency but unlike Moura he has had 5 or 6 years now and in my opinion not shown the kind of development you would have expected.

I have said it before and say it again, I think Sessegnon would offer a lot more within 18 months.

Exactly how I feel it's Lamela's stubbornness to never use his right foot or to not too release the ball in time that irkks me.

Nope, sorry, I back myself as a good judge of player and Marcus Edwards has got serious potential.

He will score 20+ goals in a major European league at some point in his career.

I can spot a good player in a poor team and poor player in a good one. I want him back at Spurs next season so Erik has to go.

Eriksen will probably be off as he has not committed to the club so you have a squad number there straightaway.

BTW Edwards is not there purely due to Poch and his staff not being sure about him.
Nothing to do with Lamela at all.

He’s a young homegrown player so actually quite handy to have around if Poch thought he was up to the job.

Interested to see how your judgement on Edwards works out. He’s got a big few years in front of him. Hopefully you’re right.

Back
Top Bottom