Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Back to Italy perhaps?

MLS or China would be best for him. Less intensity. A lot of his injuries happen right before a matches. I think perhaps his muscles are becoming tense due to anxiety or something. He'd be an absolute star in MLS, it would be a great move for him. If he chooses to stay and just take his money rather than play somewhere where he could make a meaningful impact it would be very dissapointing.

He's played at the highest level he could have imo he was never anywhere near good enough to play for anyone better than he has despite some of the nonsense on here

My post may have been misleading? He hasn't played any football which is the point I was making. He must be feeling gutted about that but, he's supposed to be fine because of his bank balance. That to me sounds pretty cold but, maybe that's the way some football fans view players. (not necessarily you eh)

You have zero empathy for him then, OK fair enough.

I don't, I think he's been incredibly lucky a lot of us would get statutory sick pay if we were unable to fulfill our duties to our employers , the dream and the reality of most people's lives are night and day at least Lamela has lived the dream for the last 10 years and has been very well compensated even if it has been stop start for him.

Yeah if we can sell him we should. He was a great fit before his hip injury but now just can’t get healthy or stay healthy long enough to contribute much of anything

There's a saying in American football that "the best ability is availability".

I love Lamela as a player as well for the same reason, but there's just not a lot of use for Wilshere's and Cazorla's in a team that's trying to win things.

I feel the same way. Shame he hasn’t reached his potential and a love his attitude on the pitch, but he needs to move to a league that isn’t as demanding and we need someone that can stay fit.

MLS or China would be best for him. Less intensity. A lot of his injuries happen right before a matches. I think perhaps his muscles are becoming tense due to anxiety or something. He'd be an absolute star in MLS, it would be a great move for him. If he chooses to stay and just take his money rather than play somewhere where he could make a meaningful impact it would be very dissapointing.

That's not necessarily true.

The QUALITY is much lower in MLS, but it's a ton more travel, the pitches are shitty and sometimes plastic, and the game is played at a pretty fast pace and high intensity level, since that's what the American player development system selects for.

The European guys who have succeeded over here haven't generally been the artists and magicians, it's been the guys who were in-your-face intensity guys who cross the pond and suddenly have that AND a huge quality advantage over everyone else. Robbie Keane, David Villa, Wayne Rooney, etc.

That's not necessarily true.

The QUALITY is much lower in MLS, but it's a ton more travel, the pitches are shitty and sometimes plastic, and the game is played at a pretty fast pace and high intensity level, since that's what the American player development system selects for.

The European guys who have succeeded over here haven't generally been the artists and magicians, it's been the guys who were in-your-face intensity guys who cross the pond and suddenly have that AND a huge quality advantage over everyone else. Robbie Keane, David Villa, Wayne Rooney, etc.

Yeah he'll probably flop over there but the club should try and sell the idea to him and talk him up to MLS clubs. They can market him as "Erik Lamela - a player who's played with Harry Kane!"

Back
Top Bottom