Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's been like five years people in here are shoving counter arguments up your arse, you are simply so stupid and biased against Lamela that you will never understand. By the way, Lo Celso is a central midfielder and I'm not angry, pretty happy with the win and Lamela contribution, some cunts aren't.
He'd find fault with a Lamela hat-trick.

Yes, and it's a circular. You think he's been an amazing player for us and every time he'll pop up and get an assist or something you deem yourselves proven correct, even if it's six months till the next one, the first thing some will do is say is "ha ha, NW1! You've been proven wrong again." So you'll always be proven right by this standard. I respect your opinion that he's not a very average footballer, and I don't see why you can't respect mine. Lo Celso will be better. Trust me.

STRAWMAN ALERT!

He can be frustrating at times, his decisions he sometimes makes. However it appears he is one of the most dedicated players I certainly respect. Clearly works his ass of in the gym and is one of our fittest players and always gives 100 percent. Not to mention his skill is some of the best around, just wish it could be applied to be more effective at times.

He can be frustrating at times, his decisions he sometimes makes. However it appears he is one of the most dedicated players I certainly respect. Clearly works his ass of in the gym and is one of our fittest players and always gives 100 percent. Not to mention his skill is some of the best around, just wish it could be applied to be more effective at times.
He clearly doesn't like his right foot. Maybe we can pay to chop his leg off and replace it with an artificial limb and he'd fancy that one a bit more. I hear those are getting more sophisticated by the day.

2 goals and 1 assist so far in the league + played a major role in Eriksen goal vs scum and Kane goal vs Villa.

What can i say? Just not good enough :lamelaaghh:

I've said this before, and not just on the subject of Lamela, stats are generally not the way to judge football players or football matches any more than J Evans Pritchard is the best way to judge poetry. Scoring a goal or creating an assist doesn't necessarily mean a player had a better game than a player who didn't.

Truly exceptional pieces of skill to score or create a goal are worthy of praise. Kane, Eriksen and Son produce these regularly. Lamela doesn't in my opinion.

Truly exceptional pieces of skill to score or create a goal are worthy of praise.
ThickAcclaimedDobermanpinscher-size_restricted.gif

You see Sammy, I would drool over that if he'd done it with his right foot and it had been against better opponents.

I've heard you're an extremely obese person and consequently have never been able to see a football to kick because your stomach gets in the way, but most footballers would view being two footed as a greater skill than a rabona. A rabona is hiding a deficiency.

I've heard you play cricket to a low standard and won a tenth division B team title once, so I have small degree of respect for your opinion on that, but not on football. Anyone can go from thread to thread saying every player is brilliant, which is what you do.

You see Sammy, I would drool over that if he'd done it with his right foot and it had been against better opponents.

I've heard you're an extremely obese person and consequently have never been able to see a football to kick because your stomach gets in the way, but most footballers would view being two footed as a greater skill than a rabona. A rabona is hiding a deficiency.

I've heard you play cricket to a low standard and won a tenth division B team title once, so I have small degree of respect for your opinion on that, but not on football. Anyone can go from thread to thread saying every player is brilliant, which is what you do.
#meltdown

I've said this before, and not just on the subject of Lamela, stats are generally not the way to judge football players or football matches any more than J Evans Pritchard is the best way to judge poetry. Scoring a goal or creating an assist doesn't necessarily mean a player had a better game than a player who didn't.

Truly exceptional pieces of skill to score or create a goal are worthy of praise. Kane, Eriksen and Son produce these regularly. Lamela doesn't in my opinion.

Ugly goals, hustle goals, forced turnovers to start attacks; these are plays you need and typically they are provided by Lamela types. Milner would be a loved figure here. We have a similar player in Lamela, they just play different roles.

Every team needs the type of player that gives their all and more often than not, helps the team out. He may be a bit odd sometimes, but fuck me, he was never going to be Bale.

Goals are goals. Assists are assists. Those stats count and so yes, a player can have a better game or year without stuffing those stats, but those stats are needed for a team to challenge for things.

Lamela...keep doing what you are doing. We will need it as we move along this year.

But even if you use league stats to his spurs career, they are very average. I think it's 16 goals in 134 games. Then you add up time on the treatment table & things go from bad to worse. Usually the same people who say money is tight & we can't afford to spend much etc are the same who are happy with lamela earning millions for not playing.
Another little telling point is if lamela gets his usual big injury, do people say we are fucked now! No, usually it's we will be fine without him (which we are).
& the hush when he gets destroyed by the Newcastle midfield & gets dragged off early.

Back
Top Bottom