Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not the best player in the squad. Not the worst either.

Plenty of attention seeking in this thread. Can’t see the point really, as nobody takes this “worst player ever” schtick seriously do they?

i like Lamela, i really do, but my lasting memory of too many matches is that easy pass he fucked up. Happened again on the weekend, the simplest of passes to put (Ndombele?) through on goal and he contrives to fuck it up. All the talk from some about vision, awareness and direct passing - i don't disagree per se, but his application is so hit and miss.

Ugly goals, hustle goals, forced turnovers to start attacks; these are plays you need and typically they are provided by Lamela types. Milner would be a loved figure here. We have a similar player in Lamela, they just play different roles.

Every team needs the type of player that gives their all and more often than not, helps the team out. He may be a bit odd sometimes, but fuck me, he was never going to be Bale.

Goals are goals. Assists are assists. Those stats count and so yes, a player can have a better game or year without stuffing those stats, but those stats are needed for a team to challenge for things.

Lamela...keep doing what you are doing. We will need it as we move along this year.

Milner is a much healthier versatile and better player than Lamela but really it's a poor comparison other than they are both footballers.

i like Lamela, i really do, but my lasting memory of too many matches is that easy pass he fucked up. Happened again on the weekend, the simplest of passes to put (Ndombele?) through on goal and he contrives to fuck it up. All the talk from some about vision, awareness and direct passing - i don't disagree per se, but his application is so hit and miss.

It’s as though if he has time to think he fucks it up

I would associate Milner being evergreen in terms of consistency of performance and being available and very both footed the polar opposite of Lamela.

Well if Lamela had played a similar amount of games to Milner in the premier league his goals and assists would be slightly higher than Milner. So they both offer the same level of goals / creativity.

But he also would have picked up about 100 yellow cards and committed 750 fouls to Milners rather paltry 61 yellow cards and 428 fouls.
Amazed he’s never been sent off.

Back
Top Bottom