Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

90th minute 5-0 up (a couple of assists and a goal in his pocket) sliding in winning the ball in the corner, this is why I love him. The best entertainment is saved for the gammons though, pink faces and piggy noises all out of joint.

Last edited:
Will always love him for his work rate and his wind up attitude to Woolwich and Chelsea.

Wasn’t the Bale replacement we thought we signed, instead we got a hard working number 10 who’s plays with passion every game and bleeds spurs. Maybe not the finished article, and will probably never be that but he gives a shit and has the occasional moment of genius.

Long live Lamela

1233828400000514-0-image-a-22_1522523656499.jpg

GOAT

Sooooo, 200 games ah. Wow, it has been an interesting journey with him.

During that time he has scored 32 goals and created 44 assists. 76 if we combine them.
11 488 is amount of minutes he has played. So on average he has scored or assisted once every 151 minutes.

In EPL his corresponding numbers are - 138 games, 8013 minutes, 16 goals, 25 assists. Alltogether goal or assist once in 195 minutes.
In CL 17; 783; 2; 5 - contribution once every 112 minutes (which is now impacted with this 1+2 in yesterday, tbf).

Well, not quite awful. Not too brilliant. Generally speaking it still feels that even in the stronger competitions (EPL and CL) his best performances in terms of goals and assists come against weaker teams though. But I think we all (except for the 2 we shall not name) can say that on top of those contributions we love his passion and aggressiveness.

In terms of minutes played here his his breakdown -
I season (13/14) 951 min
II season (14/15) 2919 min
III season (15/16) 3072 min
IV season (16/17) 944 min
V season (17/18) 1380 min
VI season (18/19) 1550 min
VII season SO FAR (19/20) 732 min
So the average of 6 full seasons up to now have been only 1792 minutes (equivalent of 20 games per season, while we mostly play around 53 games per season).

It is alarming that he has actually played some real minutes only during his II and III season. During his third best he only was able to play equivalent of 17 full games. Let's hope he can stay fit this time around. With competition from Son, Moura, Alli, Lo Celso and wantaway Eriksen I'd hope that his playing load might not bee too intense for his body to take. Though unfortunately I would not bet my money on this.

I am happy for his performance yesterday, but jury remains out on him in terms of his overall role and usefulness.

P.S next game will be Sonny's 200th for Spurs as well. He joined 2 years later than Lamela, and has already played 776 minutes more for us, and during this time has scored 72 and assisted 39 (on average goal or assist over 110 minutes on field).

Back
Top Bottom