Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Peeps here know that I'm not a fan, but the final killer pass is the best trick in his locker. Loads of examples of him (usually coming off the bench and then) finding killer pass on the edge of the area.

Examples:

Citeh away won 2-1 ran through tiring MF and pass to Eriksen to score winner;
Leics home lost 0-1, but Harry one on one that bit the bar, at 0-0, frmo his pass;
Leics away lost 2-1, pass to H for our goal.

I wouldn't tend to use him unless it's from the bench.

I didn't see the game last night. Peeps here saying could have put Son away. I've thought for a long time that he often doesn't pass to Son when latter well placed. I CBA to check the stats, but it wouldn't surprise me if very few of Son's goals were from EL assists.
No one have predicted Lamela is the only one who is still in our squad from that "Magnificent 7".
However, his playing time is much less than that of Eriksen.
Yes, I agree with you that his final through ball should be his best trick in his locker. But unfortunately he didn't show this ability in last match.

its beyond me how so many spurs journalists rate him
Just as bad as Moura but does it in central positions
runs and runs with the ball then runs into a player.
Not good enough for top 4/6 standard

Really got on my nerves today, even watching the way he runs annoys me now.

Constantly hesistates, makes the wrong decision or runs into opposition players. His only attribute is his work rate but he's supposed to be a creative player and has zero end product.

Time to get rid

Really got on my nerves today, even watching the way he runs annoys me now.

Constantly hesistates, makes the wrong decision or runs into opposition players. His only attribute is his work rate but he's supposed to be a creative player and has zero end product.

Time to get rid
On 100k per week. Ouch.

Is there a player more deceiving to a fan base than Lamela?

Everyone’s calling him shit today, the next match when he comes in the 75th min, kicks a couple of the opppsing players a bit and gets ‘stuck in’, our fans will get back to saying he’s an essential player to our team, only to disappoint again the next time he starts.

It’s an ever-going cycle. I admit, I’ve fallen it as well and probably will again.

Back
Top Bottom