Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think for sure he hasn't reached the great heights we all expected when we signed him...but I would say he has been worth the transfer fee we paid.

Sorry, but no.

We paid 30 mil for him. Back then it would have got us a world class player. You know, someone who would start AND star in most of the EPL and CL games, not in EL and Carabao.
I love him as a person. And I agree he always plays with heart and aggression.
But he is squad option, unfortunately not even reliable at that - time and time again we have seen some bright starts to the season... and then goes missing and gets injured. Just look at our injury crisis before COVID - perfect moment for him to step up, but...he was injured...

I am bit conflicted regarding his evaluation in Chelsea game to be honest.

Of course I felt happy he scored. And I felt happy that we progressed dumping out the cnuts that are Chelscum. Also anyone can go back in this thread and see me defending him and cheering him on. Even over the top at times (I think at some point I argued that he is more complete footballer than Son, lol)

But until that goal he was not good.
Went to see his stats in WhoScored - he was disposessed 4 times and he had 10 (!) bad touches. So essentially across 90 minutes he gave the ball away for 14 times. That is once every 6,4 minutes. And it was visible - so many times he ran into 2 or 3 defenders without any hope of carrying ball past them.

He hassled and ran and tackled, which was absolutely nice to see. Even better that he did not get booked. But his contribution to our attacking play was not really good enough.

Sorry, but no.

We paid 30 mil for him. Back then it would have got us a world class player. You know, someone who would start AND star in most of the EPL and CL games, not in EL and Carabao.
I love him as a person. And I agree he always plays with heart and aggression.
But he is squad option, unfortunately not even reliable at that - time and time again we have seen some bright starts to the season... and then goes missing and gets injured. Just look at our injury crisis before COVID - perfect moment for him to step up, but...he was injured...
This is fair bear in mind I think Liverpool payed 18 million for Saurez .

Such a standard Lamela week where he helps us fuck both Chelsea and United, and people remember why he is such a great asset to have. Will be the usual moaning cunts the next game where he doesn't score but who cares, he is a Mourinho dream player. Long live Lamela.

Excellent. Did his job, worked hard, hustled and fantastic shithousery for the red. I think there's other players who'll bring more to the table when everyone's fit but he's clearly and rightly leapfrogged Dele and fits a Mourinho team much better.
Great stuff.
I deleted the original post as I didn't want you to think I was trying to get a rise out of you.

My MOTM in the first half. Ndombele's goal was all him.

I am bit conflicted regarding his evaluation in Chelsea game to be honest.

Of course I felt happy he scored. And I felt happy that we progressed dumping out the cnuts that are Chelscum. Also anyone can go back in this thread and see me defending him and cheering him on. Even over the top at times (I think at some point I argued that he is more complete footballer than Son, lol)

But until that goal he was not good.
Went to see his stats in WhoScored - he was disposessed 4 times and he had 10 (!) bad touches. So essentially across 90 minutes he gave the ball away for 14 times. That is once every 6,4 minutes. And it was visible - so many times he ran into 2 or 3 defenders without any hope of carrying ball past them.

He hassled and ran and tackled, which was absolutely nice to see. Even better that he did not get booked. But his contribution to our attacking play was not really good enough.

Stats this, stats that. Jeez

Great stuff Erik. What a performance on Tues ...does it again today.
Can’t say I like his acting but we get it done to us. Sonny v Chelsea for example.
This is how Argentina play football. It is a badge of honour to con the referee.
Even better to stand on Fabregas and get away with it.

Back
Top Bottom