Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really good player when fit. With Lamela, Ndombele and Lo Celso you feel if they could just sort their fitness/injuries out we would have lots of creativity and energy, more than enough.

5a7d6830140033de0d000003.jpg

Legend! :angryscouser::angryscouser::angryscouser:

Lo Celso can be a naughty bastard as well. Should have got a red against Chelsea last season, VAR really fucked that one up.

Whilst Souness is on TV making that comment is wrong but I doubt anyone here didn't think it.
I even said to my brother after the game "reminded me of the Argentines in the 80's"

1527836817_858951_1527837080_noticia_normal.jpg

I hope all the United fans complaining about Lamela were also complaining when Bruno fouled a Villa player then rolled on the floor and managed to win a penalty last season.

And wasn’t it Bruno who conned the referee into giving a second penalty in as many minutes against us at WHL last season when Dier never touched him with VAR for once overturning the decision ?

Lo Celso can be a naughty bastard as well. Should have got a red against Chelsea last season, VAR really fucked that one up.

Whilst Souness is on TV making that comment is wrong but I doubt anyone here didn't think it.
I even said to my brother after the game "reminded me of the Argentines in the 80's"

1527836817_858951_1527837080_noticia_normal.jpg
It’s not that English players don’t roll around, tho...just no-one moans about it. Let’s be honest, Bale made them rewrite the diving-yellow-card rule and many a British or other European forward has dropped like they’ve been shot many times (Ronaldo, I’m looking at you...).

what made Souness’ comment dodgy is that he didn’t specify everyone (most everyone) does it now...

EDIT:

And it was okay when Owen hit the ground for a pen despite Poch not even touching him.

It’s not that English players don’t roll around, tho...just no-one moans about it. Let’s be honest, Bale made them rewrite the diving-yellow-card rule and many a British or other European forward has dropped like they’ve been shot many times (Ronaldo, I’m looking at you...).

what made Souness’ comment dodgy is that he didn’t specify everyone (most everyone) does it now...

EDIT:

And it was okay when Owen hit the ground for a pen despite Poch not even touching him.
It's not just about diving, it's about gamesmanship. Lamela didn't just take a tumble, it set it up.
I'm not arguing with it. It's hurt us enough over the years with the shit that's gone against us.
Can't beat em, join (employ) em.

Back
Top Bottom