Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Lamela really is Covid positive and we do not know that and Reguilon is available then seeing they are so close in the picture it cannot be disciplinary and it brings into question how infectious the virus is as they are so close in the picture.
We know how contagious the virus is but it’s not automatic that you get it just by being close to someone with it.

If Lamela really is Covid positive and we do not know that and Reguilon is available then seeing they are so close in the picture it cannot be disciplinary and it brings into question how infectious the virus is as they are so close in the picture.
Virus can be very infectious and not infect everyone they come in contact with. I don't think it casts any light on the infectivity. Something is certainly going on with Lamela but it seems deeper and more mysterious than even Covid. Ali Gold knows...

Virus can be very infectious and not infect everyone they come in contact with. I don't think it casts any light on the infectivity. Something is certainly going on with Lamela but it seems deeper and more mysterious than even Covid. Ali Gold knows...
I was really suggesting that he has not tested positive and there is another reason but what I do not know.

I was really suggesting that he has not tested positive and there is another reason but what I do not know.
I got your drift however I and other posters were keen that this was clarified

"brings into question how infectious the virus is as they are so close in the picture."

As it really does not. My partner came off a London stage on the 8th of March met her for lunch on the 9th went home ill that night with Covid till June. I never caught it

I got your drift however I and other posters were keen that this was clarified

"brings into question how infectious the virus is as they are so close in the picture."

As it really does not. My partner came off a London stage on the 8th of March met her for lunch on the 9th went home ill that night with Covid till June. I never caught it
Yes I have heard of people that live in the same household not catching it from each other. The same way when I or my partner get a cold that sometimes the other gets it and others they do not. Clearly it is infectious but some people seem more susceptible to catching it than others but no one knows who or why. However it does raise questions looking at the picture of them so close together if one caught it at that party and the other did not and also is anyone else there infected. I somehow doubt we will ever know.

Here we go again. What drug is he on? Who did he murder? What room did he do it in and what weapon did he use?

True. Can't believe we gave him that contract extension & about 100k per week. Then act all shocked when he gets injured again. Alright captain hindsight!
Nothing to do with hindsight. We have known Lamela will miss 1-2 months every year for the last 4 years now. Why do people suddenly think he’s going to stay healthy?

There is zero chance of us getting any dough for Lamela.
To replace him with a decent enough player would cost more than keeping him and there is no guarantee this new guy would do much better.
He shows willing on the pitch despite his limited ability so it's a reluctant keep for me.

Edit: Maybe we could keep him for domestic games and release his non-HG slot for EL?

Last edited:
Nothing to do with hindsight. We have known Lamela will miss 1-2 months every year for the last 4 years now. Why do people suddenly think he’s going to stay healthy?
I know. I am agreeing with you. I was making fun of people who are suprised when lamela gets injured like always. If anything he will be even more unreliable as he gets older as the injuries take even more of a toll on his body. I said at least 3 seasons ago to get rid of him. Time has proven we should have.

Who would swap Lamela for Eriksen right now?

The Place in the squad rather than a direct club2club player swap is what I mean.

That is an interesting one. Lamela tries more but Eriksen is better overall.

If it is late in the game and we are chasing a goal, I'd rather have Eriksen come on. Although defending a lead, it is always funny watching Coco kick people. Not as if Eriksen will put his shins on the line when defending.

I'd have to lean towards Eriksen based on fitness.

Yes I have heard of people that live in the same household not catching it from each other. The same way when I or my partner get a cold that sometimes the other gets it and others they do not. Clearly it is infectious but some people seem more susceptible to catching it than others but no one knows who or why. However it does raise questions looking at the picture of them so close together if one caught it at that party and the other did not and also is anyone else there infected. I somehow doubt we will ever know.

Yes they do. Infectivity and severity are intimately sensitive to pH.

Back
Top Bottom