👑 Ledley King 👑 - First Team Assistant

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It took King less time to score the goal than it took Bolt to run 100m.

The computer that is Totti has a bug.

0.26 longer King 9.82 Bolt 9.58

So, it's actually 0.24 not 0.26 as the original Blizzard tweet claimed.

From Tanganga:

What impact has Ledley King had on you since joining the coaching team?

I think it is very important and it has helped a lot of the defensive players, whether it is in training or extras, asking him what you can improve on to the point of watching other games, and having his mind, someone who has been in the game for such a long time, you can use his intelligence, his mindset of what he knows and how to improve.

For us it has been very important because we have the tool to better ourselves and better ourselves defensively.

Also on Jose:

What's it like playing under Jose Mourinho and what impact he has had on your development?

It is amazing, I have learnt so much in the way of how much attention he pays to the game, not only on helping me defensively and certain aspects to improve on but also the tactical side, game awareness.

The amount of knowledge he has and the amount of knowledge he has given, not only me but to the team, to manage the game better, be tactically better, manage the game smarter.

Making this guy a first team assistant was another dumb move from Jose.

A crowd pleasing move no doubt but just because you were a decent defender does not mean you can coach or deal with tactics.

The computer that is Totti has a bug.

0.26 longer King 9.82 Bolt 9.58

So, it's actually 0.24 not 0.26 as the original Blizzard tweet claimed.
maths GIF

King was a good player but that doesn't mean he is a top coach
you have to learn the role of a coach and see if you can teach players what to do
I don't see anything in Jose team that shows King was coaching the defence well

King was a good player but that doesn't mean he is a top coach
you have to learn the role of a coach and see if you can teach players what to do
I don't see anything in Jose team that shows King was coaching the defence well

Mourinhos defence was a disaster.

However, my impression from this board and the interweb in general is that the Mourinho cult are often mentioning King as an explanation, which I quite take offence to. He promoted King and he stood by him. It's his responsibility.

And that is ASSUMING that he even gave King lattitude to actually change things around in the defence.

Mourinhos defence was a disaster.

However, my impression from this board and the interweb in general is that the Mourinho cult are often mentioning King as an explanation, which I quite take offence to. He promoted King and he stood by him. It's his responsibility.

And that is ASSUMING that he even gave King lattitude to actually change things around in the defence.

Classic move from Teflon ENIC.

Like with Mason.

LOL those dislikes.

Imagine wanting to defend ENIC over Ledley blooming King. Our King. Just imagine.

Imagine being so wrapped up in an anti-ENIC mindset that you mug yourself off within back-to-back posts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom