\0/\0/\0/\o/ England Vs Andorra - Sun 5th Sept, KO 5pm \o/\0/\0/\0/

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They’re a medieval diarchy with the French president being the co-head of state, that survived as “independent” by sheer irrelevance being stuck in the mountains,

San Marino, a small enclave republic that remained independent by some idiosyncratic facts during Italian unification. Has no foreign relations.

Lichtenstein, a residue of the Holy Roman Empire that survived again by being stuck on high mountains. No foreign relations just a tax haven.

Faroe Islands aren’t even a sovereign state by the loose definition of the above three.

gibraltar is a British over sea territory with a population that could fit into the old white hart Lane. Again not sovereign.

so as we can see none of them is a country and those who are “independent” are so by virtue of some odd facts that made them irrelevant in the 19th century. Why not have Cornwall, the Isle of Man, or Mount Athos join UEFA as well?

at best they can a preliminary round for the fake states
Recognised European Countries … that are actually in Europe

:troll:

They’re a medieval diarchy with the French president being the co-head of state, that survived as “independent” by sheer irrelevance being stuck in the mountains,

San Marino, a small enclave republic that remained independent by some idiosyncratic facts during Italian unification. Has no foreign relations.

Lichtenstein, a residue of the Holy Roman Empire that survived again by being stuck on high mountains. No foreign relations just a tax haven.

Faroe Islands aren’t even a sovereign state by the loose definition of the above three.

gibraltar is a British over sea territory with a population that could fit into the old white hart Lane. Again not sovereign.

so as we can see none of them is a country and those who are “independent” are so by virtue of some odd facts that made them irrelevant in the 19th century. Why not have Cornwall, the Isle of Man, or Mount Athos join UEFA as well?

at best they can a preliminary round for the fake states
This is a serious post?

If nothing else I think you have to say that they are well drilled and fit. That's where International sides have improved now, the minnows. Years ago they would have been blowing out of their arses after 30-40 minutes but now they can match most other Nations in regards to fitness, even if they chase the ball a lot.
I remember when a crap result against Poland or Turkey was less than 5-0 .
These countries have progressed so much & they’ve gotten better through playing good quality teams

Andorran manager looks like a young Ian McShane.

Ian Mcshane Starz GIF by American Gods
It’s not Lovejoy is it!

Inflation in states post 1991 is damaging to European football. The conference league is a desperate attempt to stop the dilution of European tournaments by semi amateur teams from shite leagues. A similar measure is in order in national teams competitions
I was talking more about your lack of self awareness, but whatever...

Inflation in states post 1991 is damaging to European football. The conference league is a desperate attempt to stop the dilution of European tournaments by semi amateur teams from shite leagues. A similar measure is in order in national teams competitions
Never going to happen, one country one vote in fifa so whoever suggests this means losing a few easy votes

How is that lack of self awareness? I don’t give two shite if Israel is playing in UEFA tournaments or not. My point remains regardless.
Lack of self awareness with you deciding which nations are actual 'nations' and which are not.

Don't worry, I'm not that bothered anymore...

Andorra is the worlds only co-principality . Two princes run it at the same time

I won’t put the Spin Doctors song in here though as I find them slightly annoying
Do they make state decisions on the flip of a coin? Or maybe a round of Ippy Dippy Dation?

Do they make state decisions on the flip of a coin? Or maybe a round of Ippy Dippy Dation?
It’s ceremonial. One Prince is the president of France that succeeded the french Monarchs in personal union (making him the only leader of a republic who is a monarch), the other is a bishop of the nearby area in Spain (remnant to the diocese principalities of the Holy Roman Empire).
De facto the heads of states don’t interfere with the decisions of the elected PM. Being a tax haven for french and Spanish companies helps maintain their independence and prosperity.

so Andorra is a duumvirate de jure but not de facto, Israel is now a duumvirate de facto half de jure, and San Marino is a duumvirate both de facto and de jure.

Maybe the Republic of Ireland will follow in the future

Back
Top Bottom