\0/\0/ Poland Vs England - Weds 8th Sept KO 8pm \0/\0/

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Southgate fucked that result up last night. Polands fresh legs got them that goal. Not making any subs was laughable to me and cost us what would of been a very good result.

Southgate fucked that result up last night. Polands fresh legs got them that goal. Not making any subs was laughable to me and cost us what would of been a very good result.

While I don't disagree, how many times do we see teams that have been in control of a match suddenly sink back into their own box at the end of the game and then inevitably concede? Happens all the time to sides that don't kill the game off with a second goal.

But Mount's clearance that led to their goal was a tired one and he's one of the few changes I would have like to have seen made with about 15-20 minutes to go. Bringing on Bellingham for him just seemed to make perfect sense. As did Saka for Grealish and Henderson for Phillips.

While I don't disagree, how many times do we see teams that have been in control of a match suddenly sink back into their own box at the end of the game and then inevitably concede? Happens all the time to sides that don't kill the game off with a second goal.

But Mount's clearance that led to their goal was a tired one and he's one of the few chances I would have like to have seen made with about 15-20 minutes to go. Bringing on Bellingham for him just seemed to make perfect sense. As did Saka for Grealish and Henderson for Phillips.
I was saying mount and sterling should of been coming off in the 65th minute. They was attacking our right side towards the end and sterling was lazy with his tracking. Mount was poor in general and offered nothing and I felt lingard should of replaced him.

I was saying mount and sterling should of been coming off in the 65th minute. They was attacking our right side towards the end and sterling was lazy with his tracking. Mount was poor in general and offered nothing and I felt lingard should of replaced him.

Yeah, Lingard for Mount would have also made perfect sense, even more so as Lingard would have been on a high after scoring twice a few days ago.

While we did control the second half there's no reason to think we wouldn't have done so had we made a few subs. Hopefully Southgate learns from it.

Yeah, Lingard for Mount would have also made perfect sense, even more so as Lingard would have been on a high after scoring twice a few days ago.

While we did control the second half there's no reason to think we wouldn't have done so had we made a few subs. Hopefully Southgate learns from it.
I don't think he will and I think it's his only issue really. Even in the euros he waited too long and I don't think he understands the importance of fresh legs especially in games like last night. I'm not southgate out I do like him I just think it's a major flaw he needs to overcome.

I don't think he will and I think it's his only issue really. Even in the euros he waited too long and I don't think he understands the importance of fresh legs especially in games like last night. I'm not southgate out I do like him I just think it's a major flaw he needs to overcome.
I agree with this. However I think he is pragmatically getting through qualification first, then may change the style next year. He is succeeding to be fair. But he really does need to integrate some of the attacking talent.

I agree with this. However I think he is pragmatically getting through qualification first, then may change the style next year. He is succeeding to be fair. But he really does need to integrate some of the attacking talent.
Fresh legs from players like Sancho,lingard,saka etc makes all the difference imo. Their subs weren't as talented as ours but they had the freshness to go out and change the game positively for them last night.

Fresh legs from players like Sancho,lingard,saka etc makes all the difference imo. Their subs weren't as talented as ours but they had the freshness to go out and change the game positively for them last night.
I agree. I think Southgate doesn't quite trust the team to not fall apart when changes are made.

England are strolling through the group and will qualify with ease. And it was actually a decent performance away to a crack Poland team.

Remember when all Eastern Europe teams were 'crack'?
All true but still bizarre him not using subs so whenever we come up against a decent side he’ll get found out again

Rinse and repeat

Why are you so offended by booing? It's a free choice - same as taking the knee, etc
Because the players are trying to make a stand against racism, someone booing that really sends out a bad message, specifically that the people booing are racist. You will probably say that perception is unfair but that goes with the territory.

I do agree completely that he needs to take the brakes off, that is undeniable.
He’s fortunate in that we have quite a good side but with him in charge we’ll never reach our full potential

No problem qualifying for tournaments and the FA will just be happy with that

He’s fortunate in that we have quite a good side but with him in charge we’ll never reach our full potential

No problem qualifying for tournaments and the FA will just be happy with that
The World Cup next year is a great opportunity. It will be chaos, players injured because the season is a third done, teams unprepared etc. England probably have the best scope for dealing with that. He needs to see it as a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's up to him. I still think he's doing a 95% good job, its the other 5% that needs work.

That is not how everyone see the knee though and you knows it
Right and I think we have discussed that already, booing though is taking it to another level, you may say the people booing are not booing because they are racist and I'd use your own argument and say not everyone will see it that way.

Right and I think we have discussed that already, booing though is taking it to another level, you may say the people booing are not booing because they are racist and I'd use your own argument and say not everyone will see it that way.
Personally - I think the knee has done more dividing than uniting

The World Cup next year is a great opportunity. It will be chaos, players injured because the season is a third done, teams unprepared etc. England probably have the best scope for dealing with that. He needs to see it as a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's up to him. I still think he's doing a 95% good job, its the other 5% that needs work.
I think you’re being very generous
75% good
25% poor for me and he needs to have a word with Grealish and his theatrics
He was clearly pissing the ref off last night going down for the slightest thing and whining like a bitch

I thought he and Sterling had poor games and Harry got us out of jail

I think you’re being very generous
75% good
25% poor for me and he needs to have a word with Grealish and his theatrics
He was clearly pissing the ref off last night going down for the slightest thing and whining like a bitch

I thought he and Sterling had poor games and Harry got us out of jail
I think he deserves a bit more leeway in a game where results are often everything. But I do accept your point of view.

Agree completely about Grealish, he was very naive last night. For £100mil I'd want a fully formed player and he really isn't. We screwed up by not getting him at the price a couple of years ago but City have screwed up paying that for him.

Personally - I think the knee has done more dividing than uniting
It matters not a jot what we "personally feel" or if we are discomfort by an anti racist gesture. Or if we think it divides, it was ever thus from the majority. The players don't. It only matters what the players/protesters feel.

That has been the case whenever people have protested. Happened to the suffragettes the anti Apartheid campaigners, the gay rights proponents. All denounced. They still did it, history judges those people, their contemporaries complain. Its obvious the England player know this.

Back
Top Bottom