12th Most Supported Team

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kris

Shelf Side Tottenham
According to an old talksport article (2011) we are the 12 most supported team worldwide.

13 - Newcastle - 8m fans
12 - Tottenham - 11m fans
11 - Man City - 18m fans
10 - Juventus - 20m fans
9 - Bayern Munich - 24m fans
8 - Inter Milan - 49m fans
7 - Liverpool - 71m fans
6 - AC Milan - 99m fans
5 - FUCKING CUNTS - 113m DICKHEADS
4 - Chelski - 135m chavs
3 - Real Madrid - 174m fans
2 - Barcelona - 270m fans
1 - Manchester United - 354m fans

BLOOD HELL, Man U have x32 the amount of fans of us. It's the massive international fan base they have.

I just thought this was interesting. Not trying to prove a point or anything..

Its an absolutely massive jump from us to Liverpool too.

No idea where they got these numbers tho - guesswork i'd say.

The world is full of dickheads- no suprise really. Take a look at the average, stupid, human and remember half the world is dumber than he is- George Carlin

I'm surprised Leeds aren't on this too be honest. I could see them being just under Newcastle.

And I'm proud of the Toon in an odd way, they may not being winning everything but they have some loyal supporters! Even down south!

Thinking on a bit it also shows how loyal German football fans are as well. Italy has a population of 61m yet 168m fans of AC, Inter and Juve whereas Germany has a population of 82m and Bayern has 24m. Suggests to me at least that their fanbases are spread evenly throughout the leagues and isn't based on who is the form team of the time.

Ramsingh said:
According to an old talksport article (2011) we are the 12 most supported team worldwide.

13 - Newcastle - 8m fans
12 - Tottenham - 11m fans
11 - Man City - 18m fans
10 - Juventus - 20m fans
9 - Bayern Munich - 24m fans
8 - Inter Milan - 49m fans
7 - Liverpool - 71m fans
6 - AC Milan - 99m fans
5 - FUCKING CUNTS - 113m DICKHEADS
4 - Chelski - 135m chavs
3 - Real Madrid - 174m fans
2 - Barcelona - 270m fans
1 - Manchester United - 354m fans

BLOOD HELL, Man U have x32 the amount of fans of us. It's the massive international fan base they have.

Funny looking at this when you consider chelseas season ticket sales

zzGwq.jpg

Yep. Sad statistic. Also brings up the point that even if we didn't have a sugar daddy and won the league "the right way" chances are we'd be sandbagged by twats claiming- "I've always loved Spurs!"

I've noticed a few 'Spurs fans' that popped up in November and are no where to be seen now, I just pray these cretins don't run there mouths then get us all branded as idiots.

Ramsingh said:

1 - Manchester United - 354m Glory Hunters

Just had to correct that a bit.

Cripps14 said:
Ramsingh said:

1 - Manchester United - 354m Glory Hunters

Just had to correct that a bit.

If I changed that I'd have to change;
Liverpool to xxxx amount of Bin-dippers.
Barcelona to xxxx amount of Boring Football Lovers
etc etc.

Ramsingh said:
I'm surprised Leeds aren't on this too be honest. I could see them being just under Newcastle.

And I'm proud of the Toon in an odd way, they may not being winning everything but they have some loyal supporters! Even down south!

This is what makes these kinds of lists impossible.

In the UK there are definitely more Leeds and Newcastle supporters than Chelski supporters, even if they don't renew their memberships, buy the shirts or visit the website.

I'd argue that worldwide as well, because you can count on anyone who knows who those two clubs to not switch sides just because another team is now on the TV and featuring in the shops.

Back
Top Bottom