18 months without a signing - player mutiny or scrooge Levy?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"It's strange because my feeling is the worst feeling I've had in the four a half years that I've been here," he said. "It's the worst, my feeling, but it's the best start ever for the club in the Premier League. It's so strange, no? I think in the past I felt better.

"I don't know why, it's so difficult to explain -- [it's] because of the circumstances, because many things happen, because we're disappointed that we're still waiting for the new stadium when the expectation was to be there from the beginning of the season.

"Many things happened in the summer, there are many things that make myself not in my best mood or humour. I know I've always been funny with you and I have a good relationship with you but my feeling is not the best. I had better feelings in previous seasons.

"With the circumstance that happened in the last years, I think the club is not focused completely on winning titles or games," he said. "We have a lot of focuses and you know very well that when you are competing with sides like we are in the Champions League and Premier League, the most important thing is to fight in the same conditions as others.

"Today, we spend a lot of energy on many things. One is to win games, but it's not the priority. For us [as a coaching staff], yes. But the club need to be all focused on trying to win titles.

"I don't have the answer about how we are going to act when we move there [to the new stadium] -- that question is not for me.

"But it's easy to see in the last few years how we act in the [transfer] market, how we act in everything, and how the other teams were acting. That's the difference.

"Maybe when we arrive to the new stadium in the future we will be in the same project, or we are going to act the same as other teams, like Liverpool, City, United, Chelsea and Woolwich.

"That is my wish and I hope for the club, for the fans, for everyone, to be available to fight in the same condition as the other clubs. You will only really know if you are good enough or not when you fight with the same conditions.

"If not, it's too difficult to see. Only you are good because you are competing in the last few years, and the frustration is massive because [despite having] less in every single aspect, you are there, but it's not enough to win or achieve the level that you want."
It was so amazing when people would claim that all of this stuff didn't mean what it plainly meant.

A central pivot of Winks-Sissoko again.

LivePettyBlacklemur-size_restricted.gif

Graham Potter to the fans:

ghosts side GIF

Its clear that this summer a number of popular players in the squad will leave - Sissoko, Aurier, Dele, Rose and potentially Dier. Are we finally flushing out the trouble makers?
I've had this notion for a while that there is a toxic group of experienced players in this squad, it's been alluded to multiple times ... I was particularly interested in the documentary when Mourinho was seemingly surprised at Sissoko's influence in the dressing room.

This could explain why our results are so inconsistent and I think Man United have a similar issue, the players have a lot of influence and therefore they pretty much only play well when they're 'feeling it'.

Would love a manager to come in, take control and break up this old guard of players, most of them have been around too long and are likely disgruntled or way too comfortable.

Projections based on the stadium games we managed to play with full capacity before Covid indicated that we would make around 90 mil a year from just league games or something like that (probably closer to 70 once you factor in things like staff and upkeep). So a global pandemic hitting us right after we opened it is definitely very close to the definition of bad luck/timing.

A positive is that the loans are tied up long term, and once we are able to open the stadium up decently again we should be able to start making some of that money back fairly quickly.
That doesn’t consider the profit from NFL (2 games, concerts and other things planned for last summer (boxing?)

interested to know where that money goes eg to the FC or a separate profit centre as I think that will also be a big earner

Back
Top Bottom