1882 Notes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are they 1882?
Not particularly I did see a few of them at Europa League games but not sure if they've been to the U21 games. I think it's just the normal case of teenagers realising they have loads of freedom at football so start acting up without realising the consequences of them acting a tit.

Should say that most of the spare blocks are in the upper tiers which we've agreed not to use. Would also be a lot easier if we could use them

Fuck please do - it's shit seeing large sections of the ground so empty.

The club needs the 'swing' supporter that turns up for the odd game. There's too many season tickets holders who can't be arsed to even go to cup games, let alone create any sort of atmosphere.

Ironically I can afford to go to most games but can't get to them because of work & family commitments. I used to go to a lot of midweek cup games but now I live further away and have a kid it's much more difficult to find the opportunity, plus Sundays I'm often playing matches myself. The only day that I can regularly make it is Saturday, which as you all know games are rare!

It's really gutting as I love going, 1882 or not. When you're young you can't afford it, when you're making money you have no time...

:walkercry:

Fuck please do - it's shit seeing large sections of the ground so empty.

The club needs the 'swing' supporter that turns up for the odd game. There's too many season tickets holders who can't be arsed to even go to cup games, let alone create any sort of atmosphere.
Problem is they get way more arsey about people standing on the upper tier than the lower. When we had a few 1882s in Block J of the East Upper before it was a constant battle with the stewards of sitting and standing

This season has been an absolute nightmare to arrange them.
Baring the friendly v Schalke they have been underwhelming. For example we've found out that block 34 is available for Brighton, but it goes on sale tomorrow. Ideally, like last season, we'd have 3 weeks before the on sale date. This problem will only go away when the new stadium is built.

For Besiktas last night before the tickets were taken off sale by the club 31 and 32 had tons of free seats.
What I don't understand is why 1882 has to always be built up over weeks and weeks and pushed. If you guys notice that a block is empty for any game (lower tier of course I get that) then you can email around and say buy in "....." and it would encourage people who wanted to sing up to go into the same place. I know that for Forest the turnout wasn't huge but having 150 people together singing was better than those 150 people spread across park lane and the shelf and struggling to sing together.

I guess my point is can it be a bit more of a spontaneous thing as 1882 is the jump off point for having the means to engage with a ton of like minded fans and get the word out quickly.
Spontaneous alongside doing the longer planned out 1882 meet ups.

I remember you saying on a pod ages ago that 1882 doesn't need to be a thing if the atmosphere was there already and we all can agree on that. Sometimes it does need a push though and spontaneous would work well alongside a planned out meet up too.

Park Lane was pretty loud last night but all of the empty seats around me in 32 could have been filled by 1882.

Sorry if this is garbled, head full of coffee and a hangover.

Back
Top Bottom