1991 Semi Vs the Scum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I guess the 90s weren't all that bad after all!

It was some moment. We went along hopeful but still probably fearing the worst. The cunts ran away with the league that season and nobody outside our own more optimistic supporters gave us a chance beforehand.

Once Gazza struck like that after 5 minutes, you knew there and then it was going to be our day.

Mind you we did draw 0-0 with them twice in the league that season. We were the only team they didn’t beat en route to winning the league that season. That gave me a bit of satisfaction as well.

Back in the day when two televised games on a Sunday were as rare as hen's teeth, a noon kick off even rarer and the FA Cup actually mattered. And like a real geek spent ages reading all the pages on Teletext about our glorious victory. Oh to be a kid again.

30 years ago! Remember it like yesterday but can’t remember what my missus just told me!

I was 16, had a full head of hair and a spring in my step...

Still my best live sporting moment, what a day, ended up about 20 rows below when Gazza scored!

when I finally got home I was told to go to my room , as my West Ham bro was in bits after their semi final, glorious end to a glorious day!

30 years ago! Remember it like yesterday but can’t remember what my missus just told me!

I was 16, had a full head of hair and a spring in my step...

Still my best live sporting moment, what a day, ended up about 20 rows below when Gazza scored!The

when I finally got home I was told to go to my room , as my West Ham bro was in bits after their semi final, glorious end to a glorious day!
Was a great day + can’t believe it was 30yrs ago! Terry Vegetables outthought Wenger that day with the way he set out the team.Celebrations went on in the stadium for ages.Remember getting home to Uxbridge just in time for 1 pint as the pubs shut Sunday afternoons back then 😱

Mind you we did draw 0-0 with them twice in the league that season. We were the only team they didn’t beat en route to winning the league that season. That gave me a bit of satisfaction as well.
The away match was early in the season, Sept. I couldn't believe it when the fixture list came out - I'd been invited to a wedding that day, and I couldn't get out of it as I was best man. No chance of bunking off for 2 hours to get into the game as it was in the West Country. And he was Spurs too. I was also invited to another wedding that day - a very old family friend where I would have been usher at least. And he was Spurs too!! Terrible 0-0 borefest by all accounts.

I was away that day in Jan and I couldn't get to the home 0-0. I remember reading that we'd absolutely battered them, Lineker could have scored 5, but Seaman played a blinder and had all the luck that was going. So, there was at least some form to go on for the semi, but I'd completely forgotten all of that by the time we got to Wembley and was half expecting a tanking.

3 of us drove to Wembley, picking up a mate who lived in West London. Went back to his after and watched the whole match all over again on vid.

Happy St Hotspur's Day all

Was a great day + can’t believe it was 30yrs ago! Terry Vegetables outthought Wenger that day with the way he set out the team.Celebrations went on in the stadium for ages.Remember getting home to Uxbridge just in time for 1 pint as the pubs shut Sunday afternoons back then 😱
Wow, I didn't realise we'd beaten Monaco that day as well as George Graham's ArseAnal... some achievement that!

As Barry Davies said at the time: "Schoolboy' s Own Stuff error!!!"
:gazza::gazza2:

Last edited:
"Where's Your Double Gone, Where's Your Double Gone!"

Amazing day, I remember going mental after the third goal went in and I somehow ended up a good thirty feet away from my seat.

I've wiped all memories of the '93 Semi-Final.

A friend just sent me a text saying in the last 25 years and if Chelsea win the FA Cup that 16 times it would have been won by them in total. And us not once.

Unbelievable and shameful.

Back
Top Bottom