20/21 season expectations

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honest question: Is there a reason people keep saying League Cup rather than FA Cup? Is it just because we are in the quarterfinals already?

Honest question: Is there a reason people keep saying League Cup rather than FA Cup? Is it just because we are in the quarterfinals already?

QF's with a nice draw and Liverpool and Chelsea both out of it, which a. makes it easier for us and b. makes it easier/more incentive for them to push for the FA Cup.

We could very easily, I know some will think they will rig the draw so it doesn't happen, have Stoke then Newcastle/Brentford to get the final. Then it is a one off against likely City or United which it at a 55/45 either way for us.

Edit: to make it clear that it was the FA Cup I was talking about in the first sentence.

Last edited:
It would be good if someone can post some odds of all the competition we're in. It was 75/1 for Spurs to win the PL and then to 65/1 before the United and then 25/1 after the United game. I have a small change in Spurs winning the League Cup and Europa.

Last edited:
It is very difficult to win both the League Cup and progress in the Europa as we get a similar fixture congestion with A knockout Europa match on the Thursday which will be against a stronger team and the League Cup final on the Sunday probably against MC, MU or Woolwich. Whilst an extra day in between these matches will be harder than the 2 this week.

maybe 6th or 7th if I am honest...
giphy.gif

Fuck off, Nigel.

Because the draw, and the timing. FA Cup running in would get in the way of PL and EL games. You want to it one cup off the chest earlier rather than worrying about prioritizing and risking with no trophies in the end.

Care to expand why?
Just don't think we have a good enough squad, I think Liverpool, City, Chelsea and maybe Woolwich or Leicester will be strong..then its a toss up between us, utd and maybe Everton....if we don't loose any of our big players, and if some of our dodgy signings actually show up then maybe we can finish a little higher..

Before the season started I was expecting Top 6 and a trophy. But after the window we've just had and how we've started the season (performance-wise) I'm expecting top 4. Hoping for another title run and multiple trophies!
:gazza:

Back
Top Bottom