20/21 season expectations

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I always hate these threads...... The huge optimism that comes from the week we've just had can all come crashing down with one bad result.

Win a cup and I'd be over the moon.

Keep Kane and Sonny fit and at the club beyond this season and I'll be well happy.

Keep winning and see how things pan out is the not a bad strategy.

Oh and do the double over Woolwich and Chelski.

I always hate these threads...... The huge optimism that comes from the week we've just had can all come crashing down with one bad result.

Win a cup and I'd be over the moon.

Keep Kane and Sonny fit and at the club beyond this season and I'll be well happy.

Keep winning and see how things pan out is the not a bad strategy.

Oh and do the double over Woolwich and Chelski.
Triple at least against the chavs ;)

Hhhmmmm...not really sure...
Lets go sickeningly Liverpool 1st again, then city, then Chelsea, then very upsetting Woolwich, then Leicester or us or Everton or utd in no particular order.

Be interesting to see how the league looks after 12 and 24 games....i’m not sure anyone will pull away from the rest this season.

I think we have the beating of all of those teams on our day....consistency the key.

I don't really have any expectations. I'm very optimistic that we might win something. Probably too soon for this team to gel in time to challenge for the title, but not impossible.

Just comes down to injuries. If we're lucky on that front this could be a special season.

Jose is with us now. We play to win, we win to get trophies, let's get that same mentality among supporters too.

my money is on 5th
:mourbringit:

Last edited:
I day dream about winning this trophy several times a day. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone - Win a trophy and automatically qualify for Champions League.

0_Europa-League.jpg

Do or die feeling about this season, in terms of player retention esp Harry.

FA Cup at least.

Still, I'm right at the front of the hype train. Put £40 on at 22/1 PL outright Spurs win, which if we clinch it on the last game at Leicester, will give me enough cash to buy a ticket and flight to Gdansk 3 days later to watch us win the Europa League final.

tenor.gif

Hi-five future me

Jose is with us now. We play to win, we win to get trophies, let's get that same mentality among supporters too.

my money is on 5th
:mourbringit:
I feel that we can attain top 4. For this to happen we need to capitalise on competition failing united and Chelsea are not playing well atm we need to win these games. We also need constancy we got a result from united we then need to get a result at west ham and the games after that. I we get consistency then we can even win the league.

Coming back down to Earth with the Kane injury scares. If it does not happen now it will some time as it has each season. With Bale also being injury prone it will be down to how long they are out and can the team manage without them as to whether we ultimately will win anything. However I expect some more highs along the way like the MU game.

I think that what ever happens we have to make sure that if this is a year where Liverpool and city wobble that we don’t allow any other fuckers to slip past us. I think Liverpool and City on their day are still stronger than us, but in turn we are stronger than the other 17 teams. It would be a kick in the teeth if we finish above pool and city but finish 3rd behind Everton and Chelsea.

I think we can win the title. I don’t think we will win the title because we are spurs and the Universe/media/referees/society won’t let us have nice things. The league cup is potentially only 3 wins away. And two of those wins could be vs Championship sides. We could have that competition wrapped up before the business end of the others, so I would prioritise that. Get that no trophy monkey off the backs and then go from there.

Do or die feeling about this season, in terms of player retention esp Harry.

FA Cup at least.

Still, I'm right at the front of the hype train. Put £40 on at 22/1 PL outright Spurs win, which if we clinch it on the last game at Leicester, will give me enough cash to buy a ticket and flight to Gdansk 3 days later to watch us win the Europa League final.

tenor.gif

Hi-five future me

Until Easy Jet mark up the prices to £3k for the flight and one night in a hostel that would notmally be 8 Euro becomes £500
Madrid was a fucking tragedy of human greed. So much so I would quite happily see all of those money grabbing cunts go out of business during Covid. Can't stand that industry.

:mourbringit:Europa cup and top 4 and I be delighted.i have sneaky feeling we can win the league if other sides stumble

Can't wait for Sunday come on you spurs
We've all got that sneaky feeling...... What a difference the strong week post Newcastle makes....

If West Ham beat us I am going to kick my TV through the window.......

Back
Top Bottom