20/21 season expectations

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I day dream about winning this trophy several times a day. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone - Win a trophy and automatically qualify for Champions League.

0_Europa-League.jpg
pri_41095288.jpg

Be interesting to see how the league looks after 12 and 24 games....i’m not sure anyone will pull away from the rest this season.

I think we have the beating of all of those teams on our day....consistency the key.
And that's the Mou trademark. Fuck it, the league is doable. Let's do it.
I can't remember if it was Fergie who said, I think it was, a good rule of thumb is to be within touching distance of the top at around February time.

Gonna be a long while until then but if we're in that kind of position by then, we have a real shout at doing something special.

I really think we have a squad capable of competing for the top spot.
We really do. I think whoever wins the title this season will have an element of fortune go their way. Alisson injured for weeks is already a blow for Liverpool.

As for Spurs - keeping Kane and Son fit is essential. The former finally doesn't need to play midweek in the EL and as long as the latter doesn't get a freak injury like last season's broken arm we'll be doing well.

Hand on heart this is the deepest our squad has been in terms of overall quality and cover in my lifetime. The only shame is that we have been stronger at CB in previous seasons.

I think the unknown quantity at the moment is Bale. He's a bonus signing and we'll have to wait and see how good he is right now/how much difference he might make to turn losses into draws and draws into wins.

I can't remember if it was Fergie who said, I think it was, a good rule of thumb is to be within touching distance of the top at around February time.

Gonna be a long while until then but if we're in that kind of position by then, we have a real shout at doing something special.
It's definitely Fergie. He said something about by New Year, after the holiday congested schedule, the league table would clear up about who is in what race. Anything under double digit, is overcome-able.

We look like we can stay in the mix this year as we have quality and depth to rotate for EL group stage, while focusing in the League. With League Cup restart at the end of December and against a beatable Stoke, we really have less distraction.

Last edited:
It's definitely Fergie. He said something about by New Year, after the holiday congested schedule, the league table would clear up about who is in what race. Anything under double digit, is overcome-able.

We look like we can stay in the mix this year as we have quality and depth to rotate for EL group stage, while focusing in the League. With League Cup restart and the end of December and against a beatable Stoke, we really have less distraction.
I'd go even further regarding the League Cup and suggest that if we were to challenge for the title then winning that cup first would be massively important.

Get the silverware monkey off our back... get the team to believe. The first thing José won with Chelsea was the league cup and I think that helped them do something similar in changing the mentality of the team.

Will be interesting to see how well the English clubs do in CL. I think it'd be better for us the longer they stay in the competition.

Redundant at this point, but deepest squad I have ever seen so TOP 4 is a must. I am changing my tune as we continue to put together some stellar performances, but am still weary of how things can turn. Pessimistically optimistic, but with the depth we have, I am hoping it can withhold a blow or two.

Back
Top Bottom