20 Easy Steps To Becoming A Spurs Hipster

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

17. You wince a little at mispronounciation of players’ names, and have to hold yourself back from saying “It’s ‘Bun-YAYve-chevick’ and ‘Mod-ritch’, you bloody clot!”.

To be fair, I don't think that there is a Spurs fan out there who doesn't think back to David Pleat and wince every time they remember him stumbling from mispronounced name to mispronounced name on live TV...

I think my favourite was Andy Gray getting to grips with Wayne Rainey back in the day.

I didn't even see the name at the top but I knew ollieXcore ollieXcore wrote this :bae:

I read 1 and 2 and thought well fuck me he has me pegged. But to be fair my favorite is the 1-0 San Siro because I was at the Bricklayers for that one so shove #8 up your ass... And that is when my favorite player arrived on the world stage though...

Wilson Palacios :ade:

Pegs me pretty hard.

In fact I am so hipster I was planning on going down to Waterstones later this afternoon to buy Inverting the Pyramid to try and solve why my floating pivot 4-3-2-1 is leaving too much space in the transition zones on the counter in Football Manager.

I might as well just buy a faded 1990 Red Star shirt to wear while reading it now.

The only points which come close to describing me are not wearing a Spurs shirt to games (I sometimes wear a scarf though) and admittedly I do find it annoying when people don't get the Glory Glory words right.

Dont really get caught by those, but if you had added buying retro kits and having canvas art of players that were quite clearly too old for me to have seen play, then i'd be guilty.

yes fam, it says if you rinse next mans for rocking colours and then you wear some off key old school kit when you play 5s with your bredrins dem.

Good point. I guess with a lot of the points it's not the thing itself which makes someone a hipster but rather the pretense of authenticity. Much like the 40,000 Chelsea fans who all claim to have been there when they were getting sub-10,000 attendances!

yes fam, it says if you rinse next mans for rocking colours and then you wear some off key old school kit when you play 5s with your bredrins dem.

n6weabP.gif

17. You wince a little at mispronounciation of players’ names, and have to hold yourself back from saying “It’s ‘Bun-YAYve-chevick’ and ‘Mod-ritch’, you bloody clot!”.

To be fair, I don't think that there is a Spurs fan out there who doesn't think back to David Pleat and wince every time they remember him stumbling from mispronounced name to mispronounced name on live TV...

I think my favourite was Andy Gray getting to grips with Wayne Rainey back in the day.

Pleat and his ''Chimbomba" :harryfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom