2019-20 Line-up

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Assuming Rose and Trippier are leaving. Curiously we haven't been seriously linked with any LWB yet. Guess Vertonghen will play as an emergency LWB ?

First team XI

-------------- Lloris-------------
Aurier---Sanchez....Vert----Davies
----Sissoko---Ndombele---Lo Celso...
--- Moura----Kane----Son

Second team XI
-------------- Gazza-------------
KWP---Foyth....Toby----?
----Amos---Winks----Skipp...
--- Lamela/Clarke----Dele----Sessegnon

Assuming Rose and Trippier are leaving. Curiously we haven't been seriously linked with any LWB yet. Guess Vertonghen will play as an emergency LWB ?

First team XI

-------------- Lloris-------------
Aurier---Sanchez....Vert----Davies
----Sissoko---Ndombele---Lo Celso...
--- Moura----Kane----Son

Second team XI
-------------- Gazza-------------
KWP---Foyth....Toby----?
----Amos---Winks----Skipp...
--- Lamela/Clarke----Dele----Sessegnon

Making the very optimistic assumption we get Lo Celso, Ndombele and Sessegnon, we also sadly lose Eriksen, Toby, Trippier and hopefully get a right back and another attacker then perhaps the below.

Winks in the deep lying role is too good to leave out if fit as he can run a game against anyone, Ndombele is also more an 8 than a 6 and Sissoko’s power in the middle I think will remain, that should overpower almost any midfield in the prem even City if Ndombele is playing (he killed City in the CL with Lyon). Lo Celso from the few games I have seen of him is a busy body AM who can play in midfield or further forward and seems to link well with others. So maybe:

Lloris
RB Sanchez Verts Rose
Sissoko Winks Ndombele
Lo Celso Kane Son

Gazza
Aurier Foyth Davies Sessegnon
Skipp Dier Lamela
Dele Lucas AM

Too early for this. Still not clear whether Eriksen or Toby will go/stay, or if Ndombele will get done. I'd guess Rose will still be here too. I think Poch will want to assess whether Sessegnon can be a long term replacement.

We'll bring in a right back without question. It'll perhaps be an out of the blue signing. Quite a few players will leave late in the window I suspect. We have a few that aren't in high demand and we'll have to accept not the best prices or loans.

Too early for this. Still not clear whether Eriksen or Toby will go/stay,

Eriksen's last few press comments hints at a farewell - the only question is his destination
Toby has hinted he may stay the final year as well and then pocket a massive sign-on fee which should atleast be half his release clause when he leaves on a free next summer - makes complete sense for a footballer intending to build his retirement nest, very few non pl clubs can pay him the 150k+salary he wants

[FORMATION=4231,Lloris,Aurier,Toby,Verts,Rose,Eriksen,Ndombele,Lo Celso,Ali,Son,Kane][/FORMATION]

Gazza
Foyth Davies Sessegnon
Skipp Dier Winks Lamela
Lucas AM

I suspect we will break our transfer record twice this window, I also have a feeling Eriksen will stay with a clause allowing him to leave for Real or Barca should they approach in the feature for a set figure.

[FORMATION=4231,Lloris,Aurier,Toby,Verts,Rose,Eriksen,Ndombele,Lo Celso,Ali,Son,Kane][/FORMATION]

Gazza
Foyth Davies Sessegnon
Skipp Dier Winks Lamela
Lucas AM

I suspect we will break our transfer record twice this window, I also have a feeling Eriksen will stay with a clause allowing him to leave for Real or Barca should they approach in the feature for a set figure.
Is that the new kit? Fuck me that’s a bit boring....

-------------------Lloris-----------------
New------Toby-----Vertonghen---Rose
------------------Winks------------------
---------N'dombele---Lo Celso--------
--------------------Alli-------------------
-------------Kane-----Son---------------

------------------Gazza--------------------
Kwp-----Sanchez---Foyth------Davies
--------------------Dier-------------'----
-------------Skipp----Sissoko-----------
----New------------------------Sessegnon
-------------------Lucas-------------------

Which means the following sold:
Trippier
Eriksen
Aurier
Lamela
Wanyama

[FORMATION=4231,Lloris,Atal,Alderweireld,Vertonghen,Rose,Winks,Ndombele,Lo Celso,Eriksen,Dele,Kane][/FORMATION]

Subs/ rotation players:

Gazzaniga
Aurier
Sanchez
Foyth
Davies
Dier
Sissoko
Lucas
Lamela
Sessegnon
Son

Whiteman, Clarke, Skipp, Edwards & Parrott constantly training with the first team squad trying to grow their chances to push up the list. KWP out on a loan, preferably with option of recall should we need him (can you still recall a loan?)

Maybe it's just me, but when I think "tactics" it's more about how both the individuals and collective operate than simply how they line-up?

....Isn't this just another fantasy transfers thread?

Considering who we are heavily linked with...

--------------Lloris------------
KWP---Toby----Jan---Rose
-------------Winks------------
----Ndombele---Dele-------
Lucas-------Kane--------Son

Subs - Gazza, Foyth, Sanchez, Aurier, Lo Celso, Sissoko, Lamela

Further squad - Davies, Dier, Edwards.

In fantasy land...I'd like to get in Sander Berge and Isco too.

Considering who we are heavily linked with...

--------------Lloris------------
KWP---Toby----Jan---Rose
-------------Winks------------
----Ndombele---Dele-------
Lucas-------Kane--------Son

Subs - Gazza, Foyth, Sanchez, Aurier, Lo Celso, Sissoko, Lamela

Further squad - Davies, Dier, Edwards.

In fantasy land...I'd like to get in Sander Berge and Isco too.
Would be a shambles of a window though if we end up with KWP being our best right-back.

What about selling Trippier and Aurier and buying AWB and having KWP as his competition.
70m on AWB is insanity.

However you look at it.

The lad has 40 top class appearances. He could have just had one of those seasons.

I don't believe he's as good as is made out. His style also doesn't suit us.

We need our full backs to be good attacking wise.

Back
Top Bottom