2030 World Cup.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking great idea. Alienate almost every other country in the continent with Brexit and then bid for a World Cup that will need votes to win.

Galway is a great city. Dreadful ‘rugby’ stadium but Connacht have a tiny support. A ground of the suggested size would be ludicrous.
They could build a football ground with temporary seating designed to be converted into a world class athletics park with reduced capacity owned by the council after the competition is completed.

:freund:

It'll be grand so. Executive boxes all around
image.jpg

Can't understand why we'd get Euro 2028 but guess it depends who else is in the hat for that one. After the shambles of the Euro 2020 final I think we'd probably have to be the only bidders.

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
🪃🦘 Bonza!! 🦘🪃
A joint UK and Ireland bid looming. Great news if we get it!

Prime Minister Boris Johnson says it is the "right time" for the UK and Republic of Ireland to launch a joint bid to host the 2030 World Cup.

The UK government will reportedly pledge £2.8m to kick-start the process in Wednesday's Budget.
The football associations of England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland say they are "delighted" with the government's commitment.

World Cup 2030: UK and Republic of Ireland associations back UK government support for bid - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56241637

RTE news : Govt backs prospective bid over 2030 FIFA World Cup

Prime Minister Boris Johnson says it is the "right time" for the UK and Republic of Ireland to launch a joint bid to host the 2030 World Cup.

The UK government will reportedly pledge £2.8m to kick-start the process in Wednesday's Budget.
The football associations of England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland say they are "delighted" with the government's commitment.

World Cup 2030: UK and Republic of Ireland associations back UK government support for bid - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56241637

Hopefully they hold the final at the lane rather than Wembley!

What would they use it for afterwards? Galway says no thanks.

RTE news : Galway mayor says World Cup stadium plan 'a non-runner'
Galway is a great city. Dreadful ‘rugby’ stadium but Connacht have a tiny support. A ground of the suggested size would be ludicrous.

Surprised nobody has mentioned this, 2030 will be the 100th anniversary of the World Cup, making Uruguay the natural host. They have already announced their intention to bid and it’ll be a Uruguay/Chile/Paraguay/Argentina bid. I’ll be shocked if that didn’t win, especially considering a European WC would have been more recent. Morocco also are bidding and would be a decent shot considering it would be 20 years since the last African WC by then. Pointless for anyone else to bid IMO.

I’m still salty we missed out for the 2022 WC cause I really think an Australian World Cup would be incredible (no bias i swear)

World Cup 2030: UK and Republic of Ireland associations back UK government support for bid - World Cup 2030 bid backed by government

As far as I know, there's only 2 stadiums capable of holding big games in Ireland, and one of them is dependent on the gaa.
Croke Park and The Aviva.

Even at that Croke Park might have problems with Hill 16, unless they put in temporary seating.

There will be riots if a football is ever kicked at Croke Park. FFS everyone was up in arms when they played rugby there because its too "English".

There are plenty of other stadia available. None however with a daily bus service.
:mourlmao:
There was soccer played at croke park. Plenty of internationals played there when the aviva was being built

Back
Top Bottom