2030 World Cup.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What would they use it for afterwards? Galway says no thanks.

RTE news : Galway mayor says World Cup stadium plan 'a non-runner'
Galway is a great city. Dreadful ‘rugby’ stadium but Connacht have a tiny support. A ground of the suggested size would be ludicrous.

Ive heard it can be especially for soccer games. Although nothing to get excited about in last few year either
It looks great and everything is fine until the game starts. No harm to anyone but I don't see anyone being intimidated. All the noise just floats out of the stadium.

England can bid if they like. I just don't know why they think anyone outside England would want to support them or, worse, fucken collaborate with them. Honestly, an unbelievably tone deaf suggestion.

It looks great and everything is fine until the game starts. No harm to anyone but I don't see anyone being intimidated. All the noise just floats out of the stadium.
I think its the ridiculous low stand behind 1 goal which couldnt be raised because of the housing behind it

Galway is a great city. Dreadful ‘rugby’ stadium but Connacht have a tiny support. A ground of the suggested size would be ludicrous.
They could build a football ground with temporary seating designed to be converted into a world class athletics park with reduced capacity owned by the council after the competition is completed.

:freund:

Surprised nobody has mentioned this, 2030 will be the 100th anniversary of the World Cup, making Uruguay the natural host. They have already announced their intention to bid and it’ll be a Uruguay/Chile/Paraguay/Argentina bid. I’ll be shocked if that didn’t win, especially considering a European WC would have been more recent. Morocco also are bidding and would be a decent shot considering it would be 20 years since the last African WC by then. Pointless for anyone else to bid IMO.

I’m still salty we missed out for the 2022 WC cause I really think an Australian World Cup would be incredible (no bias i swear)

Would that mean 5 places for all the hosts then? Would be excessive if so

The return of Team GB :levyeyes: :crouch:

team-gb-2012-olympics_2aezq4mf4v501e4orb5u2krtj.png

Surprised nobody has mentioned this, 2030 will be the 100th anniversary of the World Cup, making Uruguay the natural host. They have already announced their intention to bid and it’ll be a Uruguay/Chile/Paraguay/Argentina bid. I’ll be shocked if that didn’t win, especially considering a European WC would have been more recent. Morocco also are bidding and would be a decent shot considering it would be 20 years since the last African WC by then. Pointless for anyone else to bid IMO.

I’m still salty we missed out for the 2022 WC cause I really think an Australian World Cup would be incredible (no bias i swear)
Finances could seriously fuck the S. American and Moroccan bids though.

I think the cost of hosting major sporting events like the World Cup and the Olympics has got to the point where only dictatorships can justify it really... Which means England in 2030 will still be in running lol etc.!

I think FIFA are more interested in £$¥€ than sentiment.

Back
Top Bottom