23 man England Euro Squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im still really struggling to pick a first xi. I feel you need both Grealish and Foden on the pitch but Kane definitely needs some pace with him

Against sides we should be beating there's no reason you can't play a midfield three of Rice, Mount and Foden. You can there play either Rashford, Sterling or Sancho to play alongside Grealish and Kane which gives you some pace up top whoever you select there, with Sterling being the quickest. I don't think we will see both of them start many games together though, certainly not under Southgate. It will be one or the other at best.

GKs - Henderson, Pope, Pickford

RBs - Walker, Reece-James

CBs - Stones, Maguire, White

LBs - Shaw, Chilwell

CMs - Rice, Phillips, Henderson, Mount, Ward-Prowse

AMs - Grealish, Foden, Maddison, Barnes, Sterling,

STs - Kane, DCL, Rashford

3 CBs since Rice and Phillips can comfortably play there

Tough on Ings and Sancho, Bellingham and Greenwood not ready maybe in 2 years.

Rashford lucky to be there, this could be his last tourney of he doesn't improve.

My 11:

Goalie: Pickford - he's experienced, done well for England and has good distribution

Defence: FB-CB partnerships are important, so I'd go with half City, half Utd

Walker Stones Maguire Shaw

Midfield: Rice has to start, and Henderson if he' s fit. If not there's a case for Mount dropping back alongside his old mate:

Rice Henderson

CAM: Mount, a key player now

Front 3: Foden has forced his way in. Sterling is a top player too, we need his pace to combine with H:

Foden, Kane, Sterling

Great attacking options on the bench. We should be able to compete with anyone this year.

All things considered, I'd go with this right now in regards to the starting 11;

Pickford

Walker
Maguire
Stones
Shaw

Rice
Mount
Lingard

Foden
Rashford
Kane

Grealish is unlucky with his injury but if fit enough to go can still play a big part from the bench, as can Sterling, who despite his poor form will always worry defences with his sheer pace. I'm always tempted to start Sancho but his England career is yet to really ignite. I'd be happy to see Bellingham start as he's already good enough but went with Lingard based on his ridiculous form for West Ham, along with the fact that he's always done pretty well in an England shirt. Bellingham's time will come.

Back
Top Bottom