30 years ago Today that we last won the FA Cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If today wasn't bad enough,i am reminded it was 30 years ago...

I was in the Army and luckily had the weekend off.Pre match drink in Kingsbury,i think then on to Wembley,post match mad celebration and ended at the George Robey to see Bad Manners.

Carlsberg dont do weekends...

Gazza the lunatic trying to play on after doing his cruciate.

Our 3rd win in 10 years, and 4th final. If you had told Spurs fans then we'd never win it again for 30 years nobody would have believed you. That used to be our trophy.

Saddest thread ever - what a shameful part of our history we're in now
Shameful history is perpetrating slavery or genocide, we are in a disappointing stretch of our history, you massive drama queen!

I doubt anyone involved with the club needs to move to South America and take on a new identity to get away from the shame of not winning enough FA Cups any time soon...

Shameful history is perpetrating slavery or genocide, we are in a disappointing stretch of our history, you massive drama queen!

I doubt anyone involved with the club needs to move to South America and take on a new identity to get away from the shame of not winning enough FA Cups any time soon...
Ok, Daniel

I was there that day and paid £125 on the black market for a ticket double the price being asked 30 years later for Wednesday. The team that year ended up 10th and were not that good. In the F A Cup they just kept going and did not give up despite the loss of Gazza and got the win. Nothing to do with the owners but the Manager and players. We were broke and knew we were going to have to sell our best player.
Yes it was a great day which will probably be the last Cup Final i will attend, not because there will not be another but because of the increased number of season ticket holders and greater scrutiny of who uses the ticket, I will never get hold of another ticket.

2 League Cups in 30 years is fucking shit, call it embarrassing if you like, although I'm not embarrassed to call myself a Spurs fan personally, but are you legitimately ashamed of the club for not having won more trophies?
I'm embarrassed by the actions of our owners and the ongoing circus around us - if you think that's ok - more fool you

I'm embarrassed by the actions of our owners and the ongoing circus around us - if you think that's ok - more fool you
I've changed my post as being embarrassed by the clubs performance and embarrassed to be a fan of the club can be two separate things, anyway, my point was that it's way ott in my opinion to describe a lack of trophies as 'shameful'.

I remember so many details from that day - the mini bus that had back doors that opened every time we went round a corner; having to use royal blue balloons because navy ones were impossible to find; having a party in the car park; two of our party watching the game on a portable black and white mini tv praying that the batteries would last; the despair when Gazza was stretchered off and Lineker missed the penalty and had a goal disallowed; the relief when we managed to get the game won; the celebrations down the High Road; enjoying a Ruby Murray at midnight; coming back to Tottenham after a few hours sleep to watch the victory parade; got right at the front at the Town Hall so had a fabulous view of the players showing off the Cup; losing my voice for a couple of days. What a great weekend that was, anyone who belittles that trophy because it doesn't generate as much money as qualifying for CL needs to think again, IMO.

I've changed my post as being embarrassed by the clubs performance and embarrassed to be a fan of the club can be two separate things, anyway, my point was that it's way ott in my opinion to describe a lack of trophies as 'shameful'.
I think the lack of trophies is shameful

Back
Top Bottom