6 - It's Le magic Number

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For what it's worth, after watching a couple more games today I've updated to include Tchouameni, Henrichs and edited Bakayoko.

Playful jibes aside; hats of for the depth, but even your summary covers 10 players! :)

Within the realms of feasibility; who's your #1 pick?

Playful jibes aside; hats of for the depth, but even your summary covers 10 players! :)

Within the realms of feasibility; who's your #1 pick?

In terms of the Ligue 1 bunch - Best signing that involves some risk but with the biggest potential upside: Camavinga would be the player I would choose. But to be honest, even if we did, we might be better off leaving him at Rennes for next year because they will be playing CL football and we won't, and the experience would be good for him. Maybe only bring him back in Jan if they go out and he's had another 6 months of decent top flight football under his belt.

Next best would be Sangare.

Last edited:
Interesting, never seen him play (unless I caught a bit of a Europa highlight with him in it) as I don't think he made a single appearance for Lyon. Have you watched much of him at Genk?

Toulouse are definitely down by the way. Ligue1 have stopped the season and called positions where they stand - bar the relegation play off (I think).

No, but I've watched him a couple of times for GenT 😉 I wanted to see what Jonathan David was about, and Owusu just came across as a very strong midfielder.

Well if that's the case with Toulouse we should already start grooming Sangare now.

No, but I've watched him a couple of times for GenT 😉 I wanted to see what Jonathan David was about, and Owusu just came across as a very strong midfielder.

Well if that's the case with Toulouse we should already start grooming Sangare now.

That was my football orientated autocorrect obviously...

What do you make of Jonathan David - I've seen fuck all of him either - but I think he made the Tor Kristian Karlson's (ESPN) top 36 U21 list recently (I think I remember hearing Marcotti and Karlson talking about it on their pod).

That was my football orientated autocorrect obviously...

What do you make of Jonathan David - I've seen fuck all of him either - but I think he made the Tor Kristian Karlson's (ESPN) top 36 U21 list recently (I think I remember hearing Marcotti and Karlson talking about it on their pod).

So he's definitely got some nice traits. He's quick and a decent finisher. I would probably see him in another role than the one he's currently playing at Gent. He' playing in the number 10 position and lately he's been used as striker. Their prefered tactic seems to be a 4-3-1-2. At Gent they have got some nice playing patterns with some quick lay-offs up through the middle, and it seems to suit him well. He's been dangerous when just running at the defense from the attacking midfield area with 2 forwards occupying the defenders. Decent passing and creativity but I don't think there's enough to move to a bigger league and being a classic playmaker. He should look at a player like Eden Hazard and try to mould his career around that (as a wide player).

I like him, but that would mean playing him in the same position as Son and Bergwijn and that wouldn't make any sense at this current time

Whose out of contract, that is where any football transfer starts from now.
im guessing like the rest of us

In terms of the Ligue 1 bunch - Best signing that involves some risk but with the biggest potential upside: Camavinga would be the player I would choose. But to be honest, even if we did, we might be better off leaving him at Rennes for next year because they will be playing CL football and we won't, and the experience would be good for him. Maybe only bring him back in Jan if they go out and he's had another 6 months of decent top flight football under his belt.

Next best would be Sangare.

Airfixx Airfixx

Just a heads up. Ignore the Bakayoko part of my original reply. I've edited. He'd never really done it for me, (you may remember me saying to you a while ago I didn't think the Chelsea deal when they signed him was smart) then while researching for this thread I watched a game where he played well and thought I'd had a road to Damascus moment and had just misunderstood him all these years. But having watched a couple more games recently I want to revert to my original opinion (as written originally in the OP) he's big, athletic, and he can tackle and play a bit of football, but I just don't think he's dynamic or aggressive enough.

Camavinga's the man, with Sanagare next best, though he comes with flaws that would need a bit more polishing.

Airfixx Airfixx

Just a heads up. Ignore the Bakayoko part of my original reply. I've edited. He'd never really done it for me, (you may remember me saying to you a while ago I didn't think the Chelsea deal when they signed him was smart) then while researching for this thread I watched a game where he played well and thought I'd had a road to Damascus moment and had just misunderstood him all these years. But having watched a couple more games recently I want to revert to my original opinion (as written originally in the OP) he's big, athletic, and he can tackle and play a bit of football, but I just don't think he's dynamic or aggressive enough.

Camavinga's the man, with Sanagare next best, though he comes with flaws that would need a bit more polishing.

I'll let you off.. :allitongue:

Back
Top Bottom