A few questions

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A few of my own tactical observations for what they are worth...

1) Must play higher up the pitch. We don’t have a back 4 of sufficient quality to defend deep and absorb pressure, and we don’t have the MF craft to break down set defences. We need to win the ball higher up the pitch in positions of danger for the opposition (see Chelsea’s first goal yesterday). We went away from this under Poch and it still fucking annoys me. It was the identity of our team for a few years and what made us so tough to play against.

2) We need 3 in CM. We don’t have a Wanyama-Dembele combination in our squad capable of dominating games as a 2 in CM. Ditch Dele as a 10 (it’s not really working anyway) and play a proper CM 3 higher up the pitch that tries to impose their will on games.

3) Movement behind defenders. Other than Son, we rarely make runs in behind the defence. Moura is very frustrating for this. Incredibly quick but always in front of the full back and therefore easier to defend. Same with Kane, appreciate he isn’t quick anymore but he doesn’t always have to come to feet and can drop in behind. We don’t “turn” defences. As an attacking unit, we make ourselves too easy to defend against.

4) The lop sided approach of our attacks is too well known and too easy to counter. We have to have the ability to mix that up a little. That might involve giving Sess a run at LB. With a CM 3, perhaps that affords the cover to play a more attacking option at LB?

Worrying thing is that in the doc, he’s always telling them press high, don’t get your head down, nothing can affect you in the game, you don’t have time to regret, no regrets, enjoy, play, the most important thing in life and football is friendship, win the second ball......

In ten months, has one cunt listened to him?

Literally nothing he says is put into practice on the pitch, in fact often its the exact opposite.

Can I start off by saying I'm not a spurs fan. I always kept a eye on them as my best make growing up loved spurs. I'm a United fan.
When Jose came to united I was OK with it as I thought we need to win the league again and he would do it. Nice football would come later i thought. Well as you all know it ended in a shit show with half the team hating mourinho and wanting to leave. It all started falling apart when his number 2 left.
After watching the amazon documentary the one thing I noticed was the pressure Jose puts on mistakes. You can see it in the players v Everton no one wanted to take a risk they all play safe. The biggest thing to change at United with ole is he let's the players play. Might not always work but he tries to take the pressure off the forwards.
I will end this long post by saying I hope spurs have a good season , I can't stand Woolwich and hate lfc evan more. Good luck.

Maybe he's just not the same without Rui Faria, like Clough wasn't the same without Peter Taylor. There really aren't just managers in football, there's managerial teams. Ferguson could chop and change them over the years and still be successful and maybe Mourinho just hasn't been able to do that.

Comes down to how the players are coached and how theyre being set up in my opinion.

Theres no passages of play. No exciting one touch stuff. Because that's risky.

We are being negatively risk free in the hope that we can keep it tight, nick a goal and either then aim to beat a team on the counter or keep a clean sheet.

Just look at City at home. They absolutely battered us and really should have won and they even missed a penalty. There were no real exciting plays from Spurs, no excitement in our play, but we kept it at 0-0 for long enough that when City got down to 10 men and we went 1-0 up, we only then had one aim.

Its a shame really.

Because we have good players. But they are players that aren't suited to a system that's now been bestowed upon them. They genuinely need to get back to basics, the same way Redknapp came in and just told the players to play some fucking football.

But...

We knew all this coming in. We called it. Mourinho hasn't played good football in years. He was never going to transform a team that wasn't playing good football before into a team playing good football. He isn't that kind of manager.

We were told he was a serial winner and that he'd win stuff here so ultimately that's how he should be judged. He needed two fucking replays in the FA Cup before getting knocked out by the worst team in the Premier League and then got hammered at the first hurdle of the knockouts by Leipzig.

Let's see what he can do this year. Its not going to be pretty, but hey, we expected it.
the only one who didn't see this is DL, he knows F all about football, clueless and desperate

Back
Top Bottom