/

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we win the Europa league + League Cup (and finish 7th or lower in PL)...

• Sack Jose!

• Keep Jose, and buy him some better defenders!

Results are only viewable after voting.
For one:

Literally all I've said today here is that if Jose doesn't win he should be sacked but the squad needs to be overhauled or the next manager isn't going to win either....and I've been made to defend that line of thinking. Thus someone must be trying to say its all Jose's fault, no? Otherwise, why would one take exception with my statement?

That statement seems far from saying Jose is the only problem.

I think if someone was saying that it would be easy to find.

Igula Igula

You put blame disproportionately on Jose's shoulders.

You also think he has unsophisticated football analytical skills which is absurd.

I disagree on the first part. I think that we are better than 6th last year and currently 8th this year. I think we have seen the last 3 managers over a 10 year period all do better than he has so it shows me it wasn't Poch doing a great job that others shouldn't be held to.

I think it is fair to not want to watch football that is worse to watch than any other club in the PL, if not all of Europe.

I think for the modern game it has been shown that his tactics don't work and are out of date. When every successful team is playing a different style than what he wants and preaches, it isn't me saying he is unsophisticated it is the successful teams proving that he is.

Made it up???

Look at your posts on here I (and judging from other posts many others) assumed you were and not as a negative but as an explanation for your dogmatic defense of him.

It is even more weird if you are not a fan of him that you post what you do.
Cos people like you classify anyone that is not in on your biased agenda of making Mourinho the root of all evil to be a Mourinho fan boy. That is more a reflection of your way of thinking than mine.

Igula Igula

You put blame disproportionately on Jose's shoulders.

You also think he has unsophisticated football analytical skills which is absurd.
I genuinely think for most people it is style of play. I think there are others problems that are not of Jose’smaking. However in a Covid world Levy will not give him the cash to solve those issues, so he will
have to do it by coaching, Not easy with our defence granted, hence the desire from many to attack more.

For me it is this, we are very unlikely now to spend the money to make us competitive under Jose or anyone else. So we need a coach who can do well on a tight budget, but I don’t want to hate watching us whilst he tries

Cos people like you classify anyone that is not in on your biased agenda of making Mourinho the root of all evil to be a Mourinho fan boy. That is more a reflection of your way of thinking than mine.

No true at all.

I don't think Jose is the root of all evil at all. I think he has been a terrible manager for us and is a terrible option going forward. Nothing close to the root of all evil.

You can shut it yourself
Ok Thumbs Up GIF

Then why were we in the champions league for Jose’s first season? :mourshock:
That was on the back of a good start to the previous season. Then dembele left, others got older , some turned shit. Then poch's preseason broke even more players.

In the second half of 18-19 we got 26 points for 19 matches. Then obviously the 14 from 12 which got Poch sacked.

40 points from Pochs last 31 matches. This squad is no longer a top 4 squad.

judging by your posts, you surely do

Then your aren't reading my posts and instead reading into them what you want.

I have been very clear that my complaints about Jose are the style of play he uses, the tactics he believes in, the line-ups he selects and the type of player that he favors. That is far from calling him the root of all evil.

That was on the back of a good start to the previous season. Then dembele left, others got older , some turned shit. Then poch's preseason broke even more players.

In the second half of 18-19 we got 26 points for 19 matches. Then obviously the 14 from 12 which got Poch sacked.

40 points from Pochs last 31 matches. This squad is no longer a top 4 squad.
If we weren’t a top 4 side then we wouldn’t have been in the CL!

Do we now have a 6-man squad (couldnt even list 11)? The fact that you would try to focus on only our 6 best players and ignore the remaining 19 already makes my point.

Even then, I will humor you,:
- I will take Kante over Hojbjerg
- Pogba over Ndombele.
- Son vs Grealish would depend on if I want a creator or a scorer (and Timo if I want a dud)
- Bale would depend on which Bale - there is a Burnley version which I will gladly keep but the lazy walkaround one I will drop for almost any able bodied player.

Now lets move on to the 19 other players on our squad (cant wait for us to get to Winssoko!)
As bad as winksoko are, they started a CL final for us under Poch.

I find it disingenous and simply irritating, how many of you seem to have different measures that you apply to similar scenarios only in a bid to push whatever agenda you desire. But that pales to the fact that you think your silly bias thought process is even worth publishing.
The fact that Liverpool won the league last season does not explain them losing 4 of their last 5 games and them being currently 6th behind Leicester and West Ham. City won back to back PL titles, finished 2nd last season, and almost surely on their way to another title.

At the begining of this season, I doubt anyone would expect liverpool to be outside of the top 4 at this stage of the season and losing 4 of 5 games, but that has been the reality. They are not in this situation simply cos Klopp became a terrible manager overnight (and thus needs to be given 'leeway') but that there are several other factors beyond the manager that affects the outcome of games, with injuries seemingly being the biggest factor for Liverpool this season. (In the same vein, winning is not always about the manager and there are other factors in play).

But simple facts and logic always seem to evade people who have an agenda.
I really have no fucking idea how this post supports any of your previous posts. You’re literally agreeing with me about Klopp. I’ve always stated our squad is not the best in the league but it’s definitely not the 8th best.

So managers should not be held responsible for winning?

Your first and last paragraphs are the definition of hypocritical.

What are you even getting at?

Where did he say that? That's not mentioned in his post at all.
Maybe I missed it, but I would agree Klopp has done far better at Liverpool than Jose has at Spurs so far. Klopp is best manager in the world imo

Citation needed.
He was responding to my post which explained why the Klopp and Jose situation is completely different (one has actually accomplished something with his club - recently too).

If you had an employee who exceeded expectations for years and received all kinds of recognition, and then performed poorly one year, would you give the employee the chance to recover?

Vs

If you had an employee who recently joined the company and has performed poorly his entire tenure with the company, how long would you stick with that employee? He’s shown no ability to do the job at the current company.

If you don’t see the differences in these scenarios and understand why the first employee deserves more leeway, then you’d make a shit people manager.

And I’m not saying to fire any poor performer immediately, just explaining that the two situations are not comparable.

Edit: The guy that joined the forum literally on the day Jose was hired disagreed. What a fucking shocker!

Last edited:
Does anyone really believe our squad is a stick on for top four? Or that it should be just above mid table?

I think it’s obvious that we have a squad that is well behind City in quality and depth and a bit behind Liverpool, United and Chelsea in depth, but similar in quality.

We are a good bit stronger than Leicester and Woolwich in both measures and fucking miles ahead of Everton, West Ham and Villa. There are of course reasons why we are in and around these teams in this paragraph. But the lack of quality or depth in the squad shouldn’t be getting a mention. And the manager has to take a whack of the blame, just nowhere near all of it.

So, we should be aiming for top five or six in a par season, top four in a good one and a title push in a brilliant one. I’d suggest anyone going too far in either direction from this isn’t being genuine in their arguments.

Does anyone really believe our squad is a stick on for top four? Or that it should be just above mid table?

I think it’s obvious that we have a squad that is well behind City in quality and depth and a bit behind Liverpool, United and Chelsea in depth, but similar in quality.

We are a good bit stronger than Leicester and Woolwich in both measures and fucking miles ahead of Everton, West Ham and Villa. There are of course reasons why we are in and around these teams in this paragraph. But the lack of quality or depth in the squad shouldn’t be getting a mention. And the manager has to take a whack of the blame, just nowhere near all of it.

So, we should be aiming for top five or six in a par season, top four in a good one and a title push in a brilliant one. I’d suggest anyone going too far in either direction from this isn’t being genuine in their arguments.
I agree about how you judge our squad. If Jose had us 4th-6th, he’d be meeting expectations. Lots of clubs are struggling and we are still below that.

However, the manager is getting paid 15 mil/year and has the self-proclaimed best coaching staff in the world. He should be exceeding expectations by his own standards.

This is only taking performance into account, not the eye cancer that Jose calls football.

In addition, I agree our squad needs work. But we are not a bottomless pit of money and will never be able to consistently have a top 3 squad. We need a manager that develops players.

Excellent post by the way. Was actually an attempt at discussion.

Last edited:
For one:

Literally all I've said today here is that if Jose doesn't win he should be sacked but the squad needs to be overhauled or the next manager isn't going to win either....and I've been made to defend that line of thinking. Thus someone must be trying to say its all Jose's fault, no? Otherwise, why would one take exception with my statement?

How is this statement in any way even remotely suggesting that mourinho is our only problem . It is simply stating that in the four years prior to the 2019/20 season we finished in the top 4 each season . Therfore a top 4 side . Nobody is trying to suggest our problems started with mourinho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom