A Jorge Mendes Club

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tomo

Supporter
With Gendson Fernandes, Vinnie, now our DoF Paratici and potential new manager Nuno has it feels like Levy and the club is to become a Jorge Mendes club. If so what does that mean, we will get any benefit with access to better players from the super agent.

I suppose I am asking Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb Benfica1904 Benfica1904 and any other Portuguese member of the forum. How will this change the club, I think we need to know.

Mendes doesn’t have THAT many clients, and it’s not like he can make them transfer against their will. I don’t see how this relationship makes sense for us the way it did for a newly promoted team in the Black Country who might otherwise struggle to attract players.

If we were to sell Kane.

Mendes has quite a few players who could be obtainable for us.

Andre Silva
Joao Felix
Renato Sanches
Pedro Neto
Bernardo Silva

Andre Silva, Felix and Neto to replace Kane would be very good business

He’s more of a intermediate now than agent tbh. No big move is done from the Portuguese league without him being at the middle of it. Mobster shit

Always seemed like Portugal used to be a tough place for English clubs to trf from directly.... Is Mendes a big part of that change?

Last edited:
If we were to sell Kane.

Mendes has quite a few players who could be obtainable for us.

Andre Silva
Joao Felix
Renato Sanches
Pedro Neto
Bernardo Silva

Andre Silva, Felix and Neto to replace Kane would be very good business

1 or two players wouldn't seem sufficient enough to fully 'get in bed with him': we'd need the full-on supa-deluxe version of Wolves for it to make any sense to me.... An altogether higher ilk.

Eg: All of the above on favourable rates + 1st dibs on the hot new youngsters as they take off....

Still wouldn't be comfortable with it.

With Gendson Fernandes, Vinnie, now our DoF Paratici and potential new manager Nuno has it feels like Levy and the club is to become a Jorge Mendes club. If so what does that mean, we will get any benefit with access to better players from the super agent.

I suppose I am asking Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb Benfica1904 Benfica1904 and any other Portuguese member of the forum. How will this change the club, I think we need to know.
Well, my club is very much in the Jorge Mendes sphere of influence (more than Porto at the moment, I'd say), so I think I can help.
Other notable members include Valencia, Monaco, Napoli, Atletico Madrid, Famalicão (Portugal), Roma, especially now with Mourinho and a portuguese Director of Football, ex-Benfica Tiago Pinto. And of course, Wolves, which seems to be a very direct partnership with the club's owner, so Jorge Mendes has more power there.

Usually what happens is that clubs within the Jorge Mendes brotherhood have a strong tendency to trade players with each other. The benefits is that you have access to a vast network of good players (Gestifute, Mendes' company, have excelent scouts, they can really spot a talent), and you get preferential treatment when two or more clubs want the same player. The network doesn't include just Mendes's players. He has partnerships with other agents and always gets his nose everywhere.

Another big one is that if you buy a player from Jorge Mendes and it doesn't work out as expected, he will quickly find another club (within the Brotherhood) to offload the player to, so the original club doesn't lose much if anything at all. But that means you then owe Jorge Mendes a favour. So if, for example, Atletico Madrid buys X and he performs a bit shit, you may end up having X forced down your throat and buying him, to compensate the previous favour you got. Also, you will most likely pay the price Atletico Madrid paid, not the devalued market price caused by a poor season. So you're always in debit or credit with Mendes.

Just follow Raul Jimenez's career and you'll see how this pans out in real life.

- Looked good in Mexico
- At. Madrid buys him
- Does nothing in Spain
- Benfica buys him at an inflated price (Jorge Mendes promises he will be worth more than double in the future)
- Does ok-ish in Portugal, goes on loan to Wolves with an inflated buy-out clause (aka the price Mendes said he would be worth one day),
- Performs well in the PL and Benfica gets the money that was promised. Everyone's happy, especially Mendes with all those commissions.

I don't see Gedson Fernandes as a pure Mendes deal, Mourinho needed squad players, Levy didn't want to spend any money, our manager doesn't rate young players, so Gedson became temporarily available.
If Benfica had a different manager Gedson would have stayed in Lisbon.

Vinicius' career is much more typical of a Mendes player, basically the plan was Jimenez 2.0.

How many good players have we got from Mendes recently?

We'll sink to the same level as Wolves if this goes ahead.
What’s really surprising is why Levy has become so reliant on an agent.

I don’t believe he has ever been in this situation before, so I don’t understand why he is in this situation now.

And Mendes has tried to sell us some very underwhelming players, like Fernandez, Vinnie and Doherty.

I don’t believe he has ever been in this situation before, so I don’t understand why he is in this situation now.

And Mendes has tried to sell us some very underwhelming players, like Fernandez, Vinnie and Doherty.
Maybe because he doesnt give a rats ass about the football team anymore

Palms trivial matters like buying football players onto agents and hopeless fuckwits like steve hitchen and Paratici

All about the property empire

Because he feels like he can get a deal. Which is what he loves more than anything else.

We got the Portguese league top scorer on our team for 3 million!!! Great deal for Levy.

We got a Portuguese u-21 player on a loan super deal!

Mendes will tell Levy that he will give him the players for less than he would at other clubs and Levy will love the idea that he is getting a deal on them. The fact it is all BS and that the players suck don't matter as long as Levy thinks he is getting a deal.

Back
Top Bottom