A needle in a haystack

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi All,

This is possibly a huge long shot, but better than doing nothing.

I'm looking to find something very dear to me and hopefully regain it. I was the owner of a 1997 match ball, signed by the playing squad of that year, including Gazza, Lineker and various others. It was obtained for a 15 year old me by my father back in 1997 as I lay in a hospital bed recovering from a brain haemorrhage. Unfortunately my father died in 2010 and as my work required me to go abroad in 2011 for a long time, it was put in the care of my mother. Now, having returned to the UK, I find that with no care for anyone other than herself, my mother sold the ball barely a year after I went away. As this ball has special meaning both of my brain haemorrhage and my father, who is no longer with us. I want to try anything I can to get it back.

As I said, a long shot, but has anyone heard of such a thing floating around?

Thanks and good night.
Mav

Hi All,

I'm looking to find something very dear to me and hopefully regain it. I was the owner of a 1997 match ball, signed by the playing squad of that year, including Gazza, Lineker and various others. It was obtained for a 15 year old me by my father back in 1997 as I lay in a hospital bed recovering from a brain haemorrhage. Unfortunately my father died in 2010 and as my work required me to go abroad in 2011 for a long time, it was put in the care of my mother. Now, having returned to the UK, I find that with no care for anyone other than herself, my mother sold the ball barely a year after I went away. As this ball has special meaning both of my brain haemorrhage and my father, who is no longer with us. I want to try anything I can to get it back.

Thanks and good night.
Mav
Good Lord. I can be absolutely no help whatsoever to you, but I hope in some freakish way you find what you're looking for. I've certainly heard crazier stories.

It’s a troll post.

Gazza and Lineker in the 1997 squad?
Oof, hadn't even read the year. At any rate, that's well before my time. Despite what some continually suspect, I'm not a 70 year old man and in 1997 the ten year old me didn't even know what a Totawhatsit Hotspur was.

Honest mistake.

Oof, hadn't even read the year. At any rate, that's well before my time. Despite what some continually suspect, I'm not a 70 year old man and in 1997 the ten year old me didn't even know what a Totawhatsit Hotspur was.

Honest mistake.

It’s fair enough. I wouldn’t have a clue about when players were with us in the 80s.

Gazza left in 1991, and I think Lineker left in 1993.

Hmm....first reaction was to wish the guy the best of luck in finding something that sounds like a very precious memento, but as others have rightly pointed out, there's at least one red flag that makes this seem ingenuine.

:dempsey:

Back in the 60's my Grandad was good a mate of a Spurs scout.
After a spell in hospital my Grandad was given a get well card signed by all the team, there were some huge names on there. I was lucky enough to be given the card, but in 1983 when moving house somehow managed to lose it. Spent may hours searching through stuff to no avail........Still gutted.

"...the accused had posted on what seems to be a gay fight club internet chat forum filled with angry angry people partaking in what they call 'cunt offs' which could mean anything..."
Ok.......sounds like a fun site. Now I'm worried he wants a size 5 football shoved up his arse!

Hi All,

Thanks and good night.
Mav
You're welcome to mine for fifty quid. After my triple lamparascostectamy and bypass in '97, my ball was signed personally by Jimmy Greavesie in the hospital, at the end of his double-winning season. But, as all my parts have grown back again, I no longer need it.
In addition to that, as part of the rehab after the refurbishment of my cranium, the entire 1921 cup-winning squad signed a ball for me last August (25th). To be honest, I've got no use for it, so you can have that bugger too, special offer.

Buyer collects, but don't hang about, it goes back up to £100 on Monday.

ps - yer Mum's a right selfish cow, init? How much did she get for it?

pps - interested in 10 flight tickets for a Spanish hen night?

Back
Top Bottom