A New World

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Admin

The Fighting Cock
Omnipotent
For years we've tried to run the site in a way that allows people to "express themselves" but ultimately continue using the site. How naive we were. Clearly there's a reason every other forum operates under rules that lead to permanent bans. That reason likely being that people on the internet tend to act a bit weird.

Current red cards will remain until they expire. All yellow cards have been removed from users with them and Foul Votes reset.

The yellow / red card system will stay in place as a way to report content and warn users. Yellow cards can now be considered a "warning". A red card results in a permanent ban.

The forum admins will also be taking more of a role in issuing yellow & red cards and removing the privileges from users who like to do things like abuse the ratings system.

So there you go. The toys are out the pram. Let's see if this works.

We look forward to ignoring any questions and posts like "___________ was banned, why isn't ___________ banned???!"

TFC is dead. Long live SC....sorry, TFC.

Last edited:
Matthew Broderick Jewish GIF

For years we've tried to run the site in a way that allows people to "express themselves" but ultimately continue using the site. How naive we were. Clearly there's a reason every other forum operates under rules that lead to permanent bans. That reason likely being that people on the internet tend to act a bit weird.

Current red cards will remain until they expire. All yellow cards have been removed from users with them and Foul Votes reset.

The yellow / red card system will stay in place as a way to report content and warn users. Yellow cards can now be considered a "warning". A red card results in a permanent ban.

The forum admins will also be taking more of a role in issuing yellow & red cards and removing the privileges from users who like to do things like abuse the ratings system.

So there you go. The toys are out the pram. Let's see if this works.

We look forward to ignoring any questions and posts like "___________ was banned, why isn't ___________ banned???!"

TFC is dead. Long live SC....sorry, TFC.

Quick question (feel free to ignore). Will this new 'perma ban rule' apply to previous postings or from postings made as of, well, now?

I just need to know before I dedicate x amount of hours/days/months in deleting old shit.

Cheers admin!

Quick question (feel free to ignore). Will this new 'perma ban rule' apply to previous postings or from postings made as of, well, now?

I just need to know before I dedicate x amount of hours/days/months in deleting old shit.

Cheers admin!
Going forward. Everyone has a clean slate.

If it stops some of the heavier shit from happening (like accusations of people being noncy / family members insulted / death threats) then I'm all for it (and yes, I've obviously gone over the line in my time...).

Mind you, doesn't matter if I'm for it or not, this ain't a democracy!

:levywhoa:

Wow, there are a few who would be gone permanently sometime in the near future.

How about the ones who are currently on red card, will they be allowed to come back?

Surely you’ve got to let Sammyspurs come back, he’s been unfairly carded off, he’s been misunderstood!

Wow, there are a few who would be gone permanently sometime in the near future.

How about the ones who are currently on red card, will they be allowed to come back?

Surely you’ve got to let Sammyspurs come back, he’s been unfairly carded off, he’s been misunderstood!

The post says 'current red cards will remain until they expire', then presumably they come back and start with a clean slate, like the rest of us.

Back
Top Bottom