A New World

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ImperfectAdventurousBlackcrappie-size_restricted.gif

FFS, that was aimed at me and if I was in charge I wouldn't have binned him/her for it.

Sure, I tossed a disagree at the post but that's because I disagreed with the overall post, not being called a foreign fucking prick (that and I wear big boy pants and don't actually allow some random keyboard warrior calling me names to have any real effect on me.) I mean, to be fair I AM foreign & a fucking prick so it's an apt description.

Admin be like:
i shall show you no mercy GIF

There will probably be a few situations like this but I've not got time to read the full exchange or understand the history between people.

If there's a post brought to my attention from multiple users who read it in a certain way then I'm windmilling my way in. Car keys are in my hand and I'll make them count.

Honestly?

His posting style annoys the fuck out of me, but I think you're probably opening up a can of worms moving forward if that becomes/remains a bannable offence.

I think if people (myself included) get wound up/annoyed at someone's posting style/frequency of posting, then the onus should be on us to either rise above it or use the ignore feature.

Personally, unless Sammy (or whomever) is being actually offensive/insulting, then I'd ignore the votes and let it be. Seems to be the least complex solution, and sets a sensible precedent?

Just my brainfart of an opinion though :)

Setting precedents is why I never wanted to go down this route. Like I said, once we start banning people there's ammunition for people to question why one person is banned and not another. As the high and mighty forum admin, I'll just ignore them and adopt a "what I say goes" attitude. It's a bit sad really but hey ho, this is how this style of running a forum works.

Also, for the record, we're pretty much always run it this way, but arguments in the Spurs forum (about Spurs, obviously) will not be viewed in the same way as, say, a political argument in Off Topic. We all feel strongly about our club and it's understandable, especially after a poor result, that can lead to occasionally overstepping the mark.

The Off Topic section will remain but, at the end of the day, this is a Spurs forum. If you want to express your opinions on anything else then I suggest you find a different website around that topic.

It's been a few hours now. How's everyone finding the new management?

Who thinks Case is more of a laugh than me?

A7xXmFaCUAE0ROc

That's mental! Come on!

I'm assuming that if someone gets a permanent ban, there's nothing to stop them coming back under another username?
Anyway, I get more irritated by meaningless 'disagrees', life would be so boring if we all thought the same. If you have a strong opposite opinion on a post, give the poster a polite reply - not difficult, is it?
r-u-s-x r-u-s-x thinks it's funny to give me a disagree for this. Be careful you don't cut yourself being so sharp! :pochcmon:

It's pretty clear I'm having a bit of a laugh with all this "new power" stuff. I don't want to permanently ban anyone... but please, for the love of God, stop acting like dickheads! haha

...or I'll take pleasure in guttin' you, boy.
Admin or no admin…you steal my lines again and you will fuckin we regret it.

:tobyarm:

I'd assume bans for footy related opinion will become a thing of the past.... Def. a positive.
This is a tricky one. If we use Sammy (who's asked for his account to be closed btw) as an example. It was his posting style that got him a red card. People voted for him a lot because of his relentless posting in various Spurs threads about similar points. I rejected loads of votes because his posts were clearly about Spurs. However, there comes a point when that style of posting becomes an issue.

So how should that be handled? I'm not sure yet.

Back
Top Bottom