A New World

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If people know they are going to get a perma ban they might be a bit more circumspect about the stuff they post. Got to be a good thing.

Shouldn't have come to this, but some people just can't have nice things....

Shame Admin Admin are forced to take on the extra workload, but I suspect the forum will benefit in the long-run.

Wow, there are a few who would be gone permanently sometime in the near future.

How about the ones who are currently on red card, will they be allowed to come back?

Surely you’ve got to let Sammyspurs come back, he’s been unfairly carded off, he’s been misunderstood!

I'd assume bans for footy related opinion will become a thing of the past.... Def. a positive.

ImperfectAdventurousBlackcrappie-size_restricted.gif

I'd assume bans for footy related opinion will become a thing of the past.... Def. a positive.
This is a tricky one. If we use Sammy (who's asked for his account to be closed btw) as an example. It was his posting style that got him a red card. People voted for him a lot because of his relentless posting in various Spurs threads about similar points. I rejected loads of votes because his posts were clearly about Spurs. However, there comes a point when that style of posting becomes an issue.

So how should that be handled? I'm not sure yet.

This is a tricky one. If we use Sammy (who's asked for his account to be closed btw) as an example. It was his posting style that got him a red card. People voted for him a lot because of his relentless posting in various Spurs threads about similar points. I rejected loads of votes because his posts were clearly about Spurs. However, there comes a point when that style of posting becomes an issue.

Rule of thumb?

If they agree with me. Fine
If they disagree with me. Ban.

It's pretty obvious you're not coming from a position of power hunger so I trust you'll get it right.

It’s a good idea. I’m not sure how people can enjoy coming to a forum about Spurs seemingly just to get involved in increasingly unpleasant cunt offs with “fellow fans”. It must be very tiring eventually to get into a rut of logging on to a load of arguments coming from all angles. Unless that’s what floats some folks boats in which case I’m lost for words.

Back
Top Bottom