A New World

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

warming up tampa bay rays GIF by MLB

I'm assuming that if someone gets a permanent ban, there's nothing to stop them coming back under another username?
Anyway, I get more irritated by meaningless 'disagrees', life would be so boring if we all thought the same. If you have a strong opposite opinion on a post, give the poster a polite reply - not difficult, is it?

I'm assuming that if someone gets a permanent ban, there's nothing to stop them coming back under another username?
There's checks in place to catch them but if they really want to then, yeah, they can get back on.

Presumably they would then restart the same arguments with the same people. So they'd get banned again pretty quickly. I'm happy to click a button as many times as they want to sign up to new email account.

Or they would come back on and act like a whole new poster and be valuable member to our lovely community.

If you had to guess, what would you assume they mean?

I think it’s equivalent of a written/verbal warning and to me if I got a yellow I’d take it as a huge hint to moderate my behaviour, but I think many users don’t actually care or take notice if they receive a yellow. There doesn’t seem to be any proper action taken with a yellow that I’m aware of, but I might be wrong.

Even on this thread giving everyone a fresh start we’ve got two idiots having a cunt off because they can’t set their own agendas aside and that’s the kind of stuff that ruins the forums for everyone else. It’s not the odd spat here and there, it’s this continued bullying and bickering that takes over threads. Disagreeing on the conversation that’s been posted in a thread is one thing, but dragging up old shit from other threads is ridiculous.

I think it’s equivalent of a written/verbal warning and to me if I got a yellow I’d take it as a huge hint to moderate my behaviour, but I think many users don’t actually care or take notice if they receive a yellow. There doesn’t seem to be any proper action taken with a yellow that I’m aware of, but I might be wrong.

Even on this thread giving everyone a fresh start we’ve got two idiots having a cunt off because they can’t set their own agendas aside and that’s the kind of stuff that ruins the forums for everyone else. It’s not the odd spat here and there, it’s this continued bullying and bickering that takes over threads. Disagreeing on the conversation that’s been posted in a thread is one thing, but dragging up old shit from other threads is ridiculous.

Then more fool them; enjoy the incoming red.

Back
Top Bottom