A New World

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are the "member lists" manually updated? I notice a couple of users who's banners show they are sin binned, however they aren't appearing in the sin bin list.

Admin Admin Any data on how these changes have impacted traffic levels through the site, might be holidays but it does seem exceedingly quiet
Traffic has increased exponentially since we integrated these changes. Here's is graph to show I know what I'm talking about.

desmos-graph_16_21.png

The y-axis is users per millisecond and the x-axis is.... time?

Pretty impressive, I think you'll agree.

Traffic has increased exponentially since we integrated these changes. Here's is graph to show I know what I'm talking about.

desmos-graph_16_21.png

I can see what you have done here, you have failed to adjust for the cunt off variable and fun factor impact on t. If you then factor in the burial deviation and flounce regularity, the curve naturally inverts.

pretty rookie error tbh.

desmos-graph_16_21.png

It would be more honest if you were to show the whole graph, not just the bit that makes everything look fine...

fArRg91.jpg

This morning I had to go to the home of one of my sales reps to help him with an IT issue.
This evening I have noticed the return of a certain high profile forum member.
The 2 events have just converged in my mind to give an excellent income stream idea for the site.

The technologically challenged chap from this morning was having to try to log on to a Teams meeting in order that he could partake in a "Driver Speed Awareness" course in order that he could avoid a fine/points on his license.

I think Case could adapt this thinking and create a "Forum User Awareness" course for education and rehabilitation purposes.

For the bargain price of £99.95 you will get the chance to learn new, or refresh your memory of techniques on how to moderate your forum behaviour with the aim of reducing the risk of being binned or permabanned in the future.

Topics covered could include:

Understanding the forum rules
How not to be a dick all the time
The problem with over reliance on childish "put downs"
Racism
Homophobia
How to read a room
Realising when you've lost an argument
How to cope when you realise you've lost an argument
Is it worth it? How to let it go.

I'd suggest maybe a 2 hour course, obviously split into several bite size sections for the hard of thinking members that are likely to frequent the sessions. Optional chargeable course materials could be offered which can be referred to at a later date should the messages become blurred in the mists of time or wine. Completion of the course would wipe any yellows and current bin votes. The course can only be taken once every 2 years.

This morning I had to go to the home of one of my sales reps to help him with an IT issue.
This evening I have noticed the return of a certain high profile forum member.
The 2 events have just converged in my mind to give an excellent income stream idea for the site.

The technologically challenged chap from this morning was having to try to log on to a Teams meeting in order that he could partake in a "Driver Speed Awareness" course in order that he could avoid a fine/points on his license.

I think Case could adapt this thinking and create a "Forum User Awareness" course for education and rehabilitation purposes.

For the bargain price of £99.95 you will get the chance to learn new, or refresh your memory of techniques on how to moderate your forum behaviour with the aim of reducing the risk of being binned or permabanned in the future.

Topics covered could include:

Understanding the forum rules
How not to be a dick all the time
The problem with over reliance on childish "put downs"
Racism
Homophobia
How to read a room
Realising when you've lost an argument
How to cope when you realise you've lost an argument
Is it worth it? How to let it go.

I'd suggest maybe a 2 hour course, obviously split into several bite size sections for the hard of thinking members that are likely to frequent the sessions. Optional chargeable course materials could be offered which can be referred to at a later date should the messages become blurred in the mists of time or wine. Completion of the course would wipe any yellows and current bin votes. The course can only be taken once every 2 years.
Interesting idea, the poster who has returned from yet another ban should have been perm banned IMO.

Troll, troll, troll, binned... troll, troll, troll, binned... troll, troll, troll, binned, etc, etc.

Cycle needs to stop at some point.

Back
Top Bottom