A trip to the Seaside - Southampton Away, 19/12/15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great that we are in fourth on GOAL DIFFERENCE. When was the last time we were ahead of anyone on goal difference?

I think it shows how much we've improved since last season, especially in defence.

Toby Alderweireld has been such a great acquisition to the team and he has formed a really strong partnership with Vertonghen at the back. I know he wasn't playing today, but Danny Rose has been fantastic as well and is the real unsung hero of our defence.

It goes without saying that Hugo has pulled-off numerous stunning saves again this season, including today. COYS

I missed the game so just had a look at the passing stats....
Today we recorded our lowest number of forward passes this season.
Our forward pass completion rate (61%) was also the lowest for the season (which is more worrying).
Our number of passes in the attacking third was the second lowest for the season.
Looking at the overall pass pattern it seems that a lot of long balls went astray.
Maybe our pressing and/or ball recovery rate made up for the poor passing.

Our forward pass completion rate (61%) was also the lowest for the season (which is more worrying).
Our number of passes in the attacking third was the second lowest for the season.
Looking at the overall pass pattern it seems that a lot of long balls went astray.

Clean sheet and a 2-0 win. That'll do.

i never thought that english players make dribbling like south americans, last one i remember that one very memorable personal action of Michael Owen, IN WORLD CUP 1998 ,against Argentina...something rare :)

Although he dosent have the same amount of mistakes in him as Rose, he dosent have his x factor ether. Especially when eriksen plays LW, Rose should remain our 1st choice.
Nor does Rose have that X factor?
It was a calm and professional performance today and Davis played his part. Rose creates havoc at times and it disrupts the balance, for me.

Going to watch the full game tomorrow, just seen the highlights on MOTD. Two great goals by Alli and Kane, give them new contracts as fast as possible.

Not getting to fixed on being fourth after 17 games. Palace and United are on points and I just can't see Leicester dropping out any time soon...

Nor does Rose have that X factor?
It was a calm and professional performance today and Davis played his part. Rose creates havoc at times and it disrupts the balance, for me.

When I say X factor, I mean X factor for a fullback, not Gareth Bale type X factor. Rose gets himself into better crossing positions by running beyond Eriksen and gets into better scoring positions by making angled runs into the box. The goal that Davis sent up for Lamela in the Europa mid-week is more the sort of thing we see from Rose, as David usually attempts the early cross. Perhaps its due to Davis's lack of pace that we don't see him attempting this more often in the PL. I also think given Eriksen wouldn't hit the by line, even if it insulted him, its important to have a Rose style fullback to provide width.
Just my two cents though.

Just seen game

Moose MOM

Superb performance

Delighted with result and Manure losing

Watford can do us a favour tomorrow

Well done boys

Best Xmas present I could have wished for!

:dude:

:kanehand: yeah but 2-0

For the people that are just interested in getting to this holy grail of 4th and just getting three points, it was job done.

For the football lovers like me who just want to see our team play nice quick attacking football,........ we were fucking awful to watch, again.

Well done to kane, great goal...well done ali again.

For the football lovers like me who just want to see our team play nice quick attacking football,........ we were fucking awful to watch, again.
Two questions out of curiosity how many games have we played your desired style of game? Which team plays the style you want most often? I am not trying to wind you up we played a crappy first half hour and both goals were shit defending.

In
i really don't get the point of that post. We get 3 points and there's a dissection of the negative aspects?

Back
Top Bottom