A v Newcastle - BOUNCEBACKABILITY #BoycottSpurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed. Which makes the Paulino MotM selection even stranger.

Was there an online vote that Woolwich fans flocked to or what?

I think its perception. If Bentaleb played like Paulinho today we would have given Bentaleb 5/10 and said he was average at best.

However as Paulinho has been so shit for him to play sort of ok meant it felt like something special had just happened. He was still making crap tackles, taking 4 seconds to control the ball and passing backwards all the time but he made few out and out errors so it seemed far better.

It's kind of like the shit player on your Sunday football team making very few errors, everyone gives him a big hug at the end and kind words.

Paulinho was pretty good too, just not as good as Bentaleb. The bonus Paulinho had was the oppo seemed to back away from him when he got the ball. They seemed scared of him (not sure why). Did give him some extra space to play in though.

Just because once every 6 months a player has a good game doesn't mean we should praise him. Paulinho is a shit and inconsistent player. Games like this give ppl hope and ideas to start him next game. He is a liability to this team.

Hopefully the fact that we are winning the PL will boost the price of Paulinho and we will be able to sell him.

I do not think it is accidental that our attack suddenly became competent when we switched townsend for lamela
Granted he played better and got an assist but £30m for a robana and a assist today, not good enough... my nan is good enough to keep Townsend out of the side and she is 6ft under.

Hello Chaps. Been out with the family all day but managed to shoehorn the game in. Very happy that we looked like a team again. COYS!

I really just saw it as a bloke who isn't really into being interviewed & asked silly questions . . He's a funny lad in my eyes ( as in hilarious rather than strange / moody)
I don't think he likes getting interviewed period, especially after a match when your spent and by that Spurs TV guy!

One thing with paulinho, he's the best at taking corners. Near the middle of the 6 yd box at a headable height, rather than the usual chest height of the first man near post.

Worth a run of games for that at least?

I think Dier has a bright future ahead of him, but even though NUFC are proper dogshit, Fazio and Jan are still our best centreback combination.
based on playing Newcastle who had no strikers playing?
I would hold that sentiment until we play a team with strikers
Remember Benteke's goal? Where he was marked by Fazio doing an imitation of the monument to Argentine war heros.

love the win and love the yellow kit best in ages we always seem to do well in it and kane and eriksen always seem to score in it.Will watch the goals back in years to come and say i loved that kit

Just because once every 6 months a player has a good game doesn't mean we should praise him. Paulinho is a shit and inconsistent player. Games like this give ppl hope and ideas to start him next game. He is a liability to this team.

Hopefully the fact that we are winning the PL will boost the price of Paulinho and we will be able to sell him.
you are wrong, he's very consistent in being shite :paulinholol:

Paulinho was pretty good too, just not as good as Bentaleb. The bonus Paulinho had was the oppo seemed to back away from him when he got the ball. They seemed scared of him (not sure why). Did give him some extra space to play in though.

I don't think it was that they were scared - more a case of them knowing that by giving him space he'd manage to fuck it up

qzocoj.png

this is some A+ banter level

Excellent day, don't have a clue who played well, couldn't see the pitch.

Glorious weather and cheap boozing in nice pubs, can't complain, even the club layed on travel was good!

Back
Top Bottom