Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's go for Fijian winger Josua Tuisova instead. His legs are bigger.

dxorb97rkbp61.jpg

I know people focus on his end product but it’s not nearly as bad as people say. He put in some good crosses yesterday. But the positives really outweigh the negatives.

We struggle holding the ball, it takes two guys to get the ball off Traore. We struggle creating space, Traore creates space with every run. We struggle with holdup play when Kane is not involved, Traore can hold up the ball.

I think he would be a great option and can add another option to our attack. Even if he’s a dummy for Kane and Son to have space, the defense needs to focus on Traore at all times.

The idea a player can just “develop” end product from training with Kane and Son is ridiculous.

End product is the ‘football’ part of ‘football’ the rest is movement. You’ve either got it or you haven’t. Kane and Son are supreme footballers, hence the end product.

Adama Traore would be a great signing imo.

Completely understand that the stat fans don't like him, but he's a player that gets you off your seat and is exciting to watch. Wolves probably have abit of a reliance on him, but I think with us he'd do well opening up space for other players. No doubt about it, that if we persist with the counter attack football, he's someone you'd want in your team.

No, absolutely not. We need to stop digging that good-football killing hole that we started building when we started buying those wingers who can barely do anything but run with the ball.

I want back to an attacking lineup of players who can press and pass.

Adama will absolutely not help us control games. He'll just be another outlet who can run with the ball without achieving much of anything.

I know people focus on his end product but it’s not nearly as bad as people say. He put in some good crosses yesterday. But the positives really outweigh the negatives.

We struggle holding the ball, it takes two guys to get the ball off Traore. We struggle creating space, Traore creates space with every run. We struggle with holdup play when Kane is not involved, Traore can hold up the ball.

I think he would be a great option and can add another option to our attack. Even if he’s a dummy for Kane and Son to have space, the defense needs to focus on Traore at all times.

As I try to talk myself into liking this move, i don't think the end product would be his best asset for Spurs.

He ability to hold the ball up and being an outlet to relieve pressure.

We're not finding another Dembele. NDombele flopped. Gio is still unimpressive. Our midfielders aren't good enough to maintain possession. Spurs need another outlet/holdup play option.

Adama Traore would be a great signing imo.

Completely understand that the stat fans don't like him, but he's a player that gets you off your seat and is exciting to watch. Wolves probably have abit of a reliance on him, but I think with us he'd do well opening up space for other players. No doubt about it, that if we persist with the counter attack football, he's someone you'd want in your team.
Yeah but I want us to play progressive passing football. Not hoof the ball wide and run football…

He isn't what we need at all. A proper creative midfielder is what we are crying out for, not someone who doesn't get his head up to make the pass. We already have them.

He isn't what we need at all. A proper creative midfielder is what we are crying out for, not someone who doesn't get his head up to make the pass. We already have them.

the creative midfielder/CAM position is a dying breed. In the modern game you need players who can create for themselves and beat players 1v1.

The idea a player can just “develop” end product from training with Kane and Son is ridiculous.

End product is the ‘football’ part of ‘football’ the rest is movement. You’ve either got it or you haven’t. Kane and Son are supreme footballers, hence the end product.
Agree - he’s never going to finish like those two…. But they make decent runs and he may slip them in with simple early passes rather than try to do it all himself

Yeah but I want us to play progressive passing football. Not hoof the ball wide and run football…
yes I do agree, but surely you want players who are going to be capable in tactics the manager wants us to play.

Fact of the matter is, Traore would suit this type of football.

No point buying players that are gonna be square pegs in round holes.

Back
Top Bottom