Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's go for Fijian winger Josua Tuisova instead. His legs are bigger.

dxorb97rkbp61.jpg

I know people focus on his end product but it’s not nearly as bad as people say. He put in some good crosses yesterday. But the positives really outweigh the negatives.

We struggle holding the ball, it takes two guys to get the ball off Traore. We struggle creating space, Traore creates space with every run. We struggle with holdup play when Kane is not involved, Traore can hold up the ball.

I think he would be a great option and can add another option to our attack. Even if he’s a dummy for Kane and Son to have space, the defense needs to focus on Traore at all times.

Kane and Son keep scoring with Lucas and Bergwin in the team and they have very very little endproduct(lucas) to no end product(berg) too. But at least Traore would get the ball to Kane and Son much more often as hes much better at carrying the ball forward.
At the rate Traore takes the ball forward, if Kane wants to be there to get the cross he had better start now.

I think there's been massive improvements in Traore the last two years. His 19/20 of 4g 9a is just 2g 1a behind Jack Grealish of 20/21.

Harry Kane wasn't even in the top 50% of strikers in Europe for touches per game in the opposition box. Fabio Silva was in the top 27% last season. Traore will get us up the field, Kane and Son will figure out the rest.

The last time i saw so many contortions of fans covering up a players obvious limitations despite a massive fee was the few days after we signed Sissoko. How did football get to a stage where an attacking player who cant shoot and isn't a great passer of the ball can be worth £40m?

Something I don't get here....

At Wolves best under Nuno, fans and pundits alike were purring over Moutinho, Nevez, Neto, Jota, Jiminez and the combined efforts of their defence...... Now; despite his poor goals and assists the narrative is that Traore is the catalyst for most of what is good about their play?

Is the underlying notion here that we'd need to build the way we play around a player of Traore's questionable quality????
Of all the players on the pitch (combined teams) on Sunday the best player by an absolute mile was Neves:
63 attempted pass 1st
55 successful passes 1st
34 final third passe 1st
17 attempted long passe 1st
15 accurate long passes 1st
6 successful tackles 1st
5 chances create 1st
2 through balls 1st

Traore = Chaos
Neves = Control

If there was one player to take from them and makes us better almost immediately it's Neves.

Totally right. Neves apparently wants out and has that bit of class we lack. Traore over Neves has alarm bells ringing for me, especially when we're crying out for a playmaker and not an inconsistant winger.
A playmaker from deep!!!

It's this piece that is key for me, loads of talk about us not having a press resistant player, many have said Traore is, whilst there's some truth to that, he is press resistant but from out wide!! To me that's not the definition of a press resistant player. What is, is a player that under pressure can take the ball through midfield centrally, hold off oppo players centrally, make themselves available to receive the ball centrally. If you can dominate midfield you stand a chance of controlling the game, you can't dominate a midfield if you don't have a player that can receive and keep the ball in midfield.

Stick Traore into the team and oppo teams know exactly what to expect and can plan for this, what that looks like is Spurs at the weekend, to engage him, where he's likely to beat his first man but this will instantly put him under pressure to execute a pass/cross/shot that's harder to pull off and therefore easier to defend against. We mopped up all bar two of his 2nd actions at the weekend, but even those two options we didn't stop (a cross to the back post and a pullback to the edge of the box) we defended those by closing them down, which resulted in a shit shot over the bar from 25yrds out and a blocked shot from 15yrds out.

Traore is a beast, an absolute freak of a player and I would hate to be the player given the job to go 1v1 with him as he will make you look stupid but as a team you can defend him as did at the weekend.

Neves presents a far more intelligent player, varied deep playmaker who's gives you the ability to control the midfield both with and without the ball.

...and by the way, for all the clueless Stattos out there banging on about numbers, you can only (sometimes) get an assist when teams actually stick the ball in the fucking net.

Goals Scored League 2020/2021
Tottenham 68
Wolves 36
(Traore 4 MoTM, 2 goals, 2 assists via Stattos' favourite when they're wheeling out excuses for players they like)
7.11 rating over 28 games (1st=), 2nd highest key passes after Neto, Top dribbler in entire League, 3rd most fouled player in the league after Grealish and Zaha (think about VAR increase too in future Stat dummies).

Goals Scored League 2019/2020
Tottenham 61
Wolves 51
(Traore 6 MoTM, 4 goals, 9 assists)
7.49 rating over 27 games (1st Wolves, 3rd League), key passes 2nd=, most dribbles in league (5 average is insane btw), 6th most fouled player in League.

...additionally he is one of the most stereotypically bums off seats Spursiest players I've ever fucking seen in my life.

He's made for us. Some of you seemingly wouldn't know a player if he gave you a well deserved boot in the balls.

We're a far better side than Wolves, he will produce more and at least give us something to talk about every game...with a full house you'll start to hear it every time he gets the ball. We haven't had that in ages.

The early comparisons to Forrest Gump are deliciously ironic because some of you are utterly pig shit thick wrt. players IMO.

(I really want this one in case you didn't realise.)

No, god no. Please not.

What the fuck about him is exiting exactly? I found Usain Bolt in Beijing exiting - raw pace and power. Though wouldn't like to see him starting for Spurs. Straight running pace is so grossly overrated that it makes me puke. If fast running in straight lines is what gets you going, then track and field is your discipline.

There are some things that either are there or are not. Like reading the game, and being able to pick right decision in tight spaces. Traore does not have those things. He has pace and strenght. If you read those past two sentences over, you can maybe understand that those same things were exactly same things that could have been said about Sissoko in same age... roughly when we signed him. Now tell me - how well did we manage to teach him other skills here at Spurs?

Literally there is no use of "creating room" if you can't deliver the ball to right place after creating it. And this is the room creation that Traore offers.

He is a lad who has played in 133 games in EPL. And with that time he has scored 10 and assisted 18. Including that was his purple patch season of 19/20 where 4 goals and 9 assists came. If we exclude that, it would be 6 goals and 9 assists over 96 games. Really? That is the level we are aiming?
Despite his issues Bergwijn has 4 goals and 6 assists in his tally over 37 games in EPL. He is younger and he has had only 1,5 season to get used to EPL levels while Traore has had A LOT more time.

I could get if he'd be 19 yo with potential and upside. Maybe then I'd believe he has significant upside.
Now he is 25 years and 7 months old. Super easy pass. Literally manifestaion of mediocrity. Future Everton player.

I don't really get it tbh, on the left we have Sonny, Bergwijn and Sessegnon. On the right we've got Lucas, Gil and Lo Celso seems to be getting game time in this position. We're not in a place to spunk 40m in a position we don't really need. Our priorities IMO in order should be

1. Getting out Sissoko, Ndombele, Winks, Aurier, Sanchez
2.Centre Back
3. Right Back
4. AM
5. Back up Striker

He isn't what we need at all. A proper creative midfielder is what we are crying out for, not someone who doesn't get his head up to make the pass. We already have them.

Back
Top Bottom